Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2018, 05:50 PM

6 posts, read 3,443 times

Advertisements

Hi, my company is opening a couple of branches in the San Antonio area next year. I know the general vicinity for them and would like some insight into areas.

• One will be on the north east corner of the intersection of 1604 and I35 (Universal City)
  • the other is near the north west corner of the intersection of 410 and 151. (Near Sea World)
Before I apply for a transfer, I'd like to know more. I will want to live in close proximity to the office, so I'm looking for the one with the best options for apartment complexes, restaurants, shopping etc. Any feedback is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 06:23 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,700 times
Anything wrong with where you are now? Why here?

Those are total opposite sides of the city. Probably cloe to 30 miles in between them and loads of construction.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:00 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,919,856 times
151/410 area has more apartments going up than than I've ever seen in any city. Several thousand new ones will be available in a year or so. LOTS of restaurants and more coming. Loads of shopping and with the new "mall" at 1604 and Potranco, you don't have to travel far for much of anything. Even hospitals are close right on 151. Be forewarned though, traffic is crazy. You'll have a much larger HEB grocery on Potranco as soon as they finish their new delivery and pickup unit that's taken the place of the nursery. You won't have to go shopping for groceries anymore, order it online and they deliver. There will be an HEB Corner Store at 151 and Potranco. Retail shopping coming at 151 and Ingram along with several office buildings.

This is the new Potranco Market. ALL phases are already under construction with most of the buildings already standing. I would say this will probably be open around Thanksgiving.
http://www.theretailconnection.net/u...4133746163.pdf

Old 08-07-2018, 08:33 PM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
Are you in San Antonio now? What is your budget? Both have a plethora of attractions and are generally the same when it comes to generic suburbia. The 1604/35 location will be closer to the new IKEA though.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:34 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
The NE location is near the new IKEA being built as we speak. Traffic is heavy out this way but not as congested as 410/151. We have apartments, some old and some new. I like this area of town because it is easy to get on 1604 or 35 to get around town if I need to. Tons of restaurants and lots of casual, everyday type shopping and dining at the Forum. ( Target, Hobby Lobby, Bed Bath and Beyond etc) ( Chili's, Outback Steakhouse, Chick Fil A etc) Nothing really non-chain at the Forum.

Where are you coming from?

Old 08-07-2018, 09:22 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyblond View Post
Hi, my company is opening a couple of branches in the San Antonio area next year. I know the general vicinity for them and would like some insight into areas.

• One will be on the north east corner of the intersection of 1604 and I35 (Universal City)
  • the other is near the north west corner of the intersection of 410 and 151. (Near Sea World)
Before I apply for a transfer, I'd like to know more. I will want to live in close proximity to the office, so I'm looking for the one with the best options for apartment complexes, restaurants, shopping etc. Any feedback is much appreciated.
Both have nice areas nearby. I would probably pick Universal City so I could live in New Braunfels

Old 08-08-2018, 02:36 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
I've lived in both areas. I prefer the 410/151 area but there are some places around there that you won't want to shop or live. Marbach and 410 is one place to avoid because of traffic and all the panhandlers in the parking lots. There's a nice dog park at 151 and 410, along with a walking trail that circles a small lake. It's not a far drive to get into downtown if you want to go to a museum or a parade. Two downsides to this side of town are that there's no natural food store like Whole Foods or Sprouts nearby, and our grocery stores are crowded almost all the time. The HEB on Potranco isn't getting a bigger shopping area or a larger parking lot, so it is still going to be really crowded.

The shopping centers have the same stores and restaurants in both areas and there's a movie theater convenient to each area.

If you have kids, I'd pick Universal City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio