Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 03:37 PM

6 posts, read 32,835 times

Advertisements

Go drive in Boston!

NYC isn't even as bad as the Boston area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 07:01 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
OMG! I haven't been in these forums for a while and I saw this topic! This is one of my biggest gripes about Texas!!! Give me a California driver any day!!! These people tailgate constantly and it doesn't seem to matter how fast you drive - you speed up to get them off your a ss and they are just gonna speed up so they can continue to tailgate! Slower drivers moving out of the fast lane to let traffic pass them? Forget about it - never gonna happen!!! People speeding up when they see that you need to get onto the freeway or change lanes to get off the freeway or to get onto a different freeway - don't hold your breath 'cause they aint gonna let you over. Bunch of a ss holes! You drive like this in CA and you gonna get shot!

Old 12-20-2006, 07:11 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
One more thing. Big rigs in the fast lane! What the hell is that all about? in CA the rigs aren't allowed to be in the number 1 or 2 lanes. CHP will pull them over and ticket them. Here it's all the time. where I live the 10 freeway is only two lanes for several miles and it's not unusual for two rigs to be pacing each other side by side in the two lanes. What's up with this? Is this kind of thing allowed here or what? It's frustrating. Am I homesick for CA? You bet! But I'm not a quitter, so I'm gonna just hang in there and hope things get better!

Old 12-20-2006, 08:03 AM

470 posts, read 1,952,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
...These people tailgate constantly and it doesn't seem to matter how fast you drive - you speed up to get them off your a ss and they are just gonna speed up so they can continue to tailgate!...
Give them a few blasts of wiper fluid... this'll take care of them 'gaters.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:27 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
How to get the tailgaters off your rear: for the ladies, carry a thing of mascara with you and when someone gets on your bumper pull it out and pretend to look into your rearview mirror like your putting it on.

As for the 18-wheelers in the left lane, some cities have banned them from such. I thought the state had talked about doing it statewide? Or just in major cities?

Old 12-20-2006, 10:38 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,459 times
They have that on hwy 90 (I10 on the east side) between 410 currently.

Last edited by SA Greed; 12-20-2006 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 12-20-2006, 10:41 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
They have that on hwy 90 (I10 on the east side) between 410 currently.
What, mascara applying drivers?

I assume you mean that trucks are not allowed in the left lane.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,651,673 times
Twinkle toes, anyone can be in the left lane. I think there is a law that you are only suppose to use it for passing but I have never heard of anyone getting pulled over for that infraction on that part of 10. One thing I meant to tell you is that you said with tailgaters you did a flash of your brakes to get them off of you. Bad idea on that part of the road. A couple of years ago an older lady did that and the car behind her lost control flipped and the teens drving were killed and I believe she was charged with manslaughter. It happened right at the HEB by you so the cops and people in that area are a bit touchy about it. Only expect the traffic to get worse as they build more malls over here so more drivers in the area that are don't know the roads in the area.

Old 12-23-2006, 02:19 PM

21 posts, read 60,502 times
Neddy, what you stated is correct, anyone can be in the left lane, however Texas does have a law that if you are moving slower than other vehicles you shall drive in the right-hand lane. The only exception is if you are already passing a vehicle on the right or preparing to make a left turn. This means that everyone (trucks, cars, motorcycles, etc.) should drive in the right-hand lane the majority of the time. Even if the police does not stop someone for breaking this law does not make it legal, unfortunately this is what many people believe and how poor driving propagates itself. It the old thought that if someone else did it I can do it.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:20 PM

217 posts, read 670,867 times
Twinkle Toes, it's interesting to hear your change of tone. I remember your early posts this summer filled with excitement about your move, looking forward to barbeque, and becoming "Texan." I remember reading posts from other excited future transplants, but we haven't heard from them in a while. I wonder if the reality of living here has hit them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio