Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 04:58 PM

34 posts, read 46,652 times

Advertisements

I can't find much band tees anymore. It's mostly the same ones I already have, such as the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon and Ramones logo tees. Target and Walmart barely have anything good anymore, and Hot Topic is a huge disappointment now. I stopped really going to HT when they stopped carrying Adventure Time stuff. HT now has very scarce band merch and Marvel/DC/Star Wars/Super Mario/Gen 1 Pokemon stuff and the majority of the store is stuff I don't like, such as anime, Disney movies other than Big Hero 6, Lilo and Stitch, and The Lion King (I never liked the princesses btw), SuperNatural the tv show, and some band called "BTS" from Japan/Korea. Spencers and FYE are basically the same thing as HT. Where can I get some really good band tees in SA? I checked online, but they don't have the shirts I want in my size or they don't have the bands I like at all. I'm also looking for a shirt with Superman on it (not the logo, practically all stores have only 1 Superman tee and it's the logo tee) and a shirt with the Gen 1 Pokemon on it (not a fan of modern Pokemon).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2018, 03:52 PM

83 posts, read 358,989 times
Default Historic Record Store

Maybe Check..

Hogwild Records

They may have some direction for you..

Good Luck!

expander

Old 09-23-2018, 07:50 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Blackfly Metamorphosis In South Park Mall?

Old 09-23-2018, 07:52 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,151 times
Steve Freeman, the owner of Zombies (awesome place BTW) used to own a store called "The Rock Box" and it was exactly what you are talking about. I miss that place.

I know pointing out what "was" does not help you, but maybe if enough people talk about this, some brave soul will step up to the plate and do something like that again.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Blackfly Metamorphosis In South Park Mall?
I think it closed years ago

Old 09-24-2018, 06:19 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockerSupergirl View Post
I think it closed years ago
According to Google they are still open

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...hrome&ie=UTF-8

They use to have a store in Ingram Park Mall, but that closed.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
Steve Freeman, the owner of Zombies (awesome place BTW) used to own a store called "The Rock Box" and it was exactly what you are talking about. I miss that place.

I know pointing out what "was" does not help you, but maybe if enough people talk about this, some brave soul will step up to the plate and do something like that again.

Great. About had it with the infestation of anime and Koreapop stores popping up as fast as comic book and rock merch stores are becoming so unpopular they're obscure like Superman is today.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
According to Google they are still open

https://www.google.com/search?q=blac...hrome&ie=UTF-8

They use to have a store in Ingram Park Mall, but that closed.
Just googled it again, and all locations are indeed closed. Checked the official website and it's basically a mashup between Spencer Gifts and Spirit Halloween for bikers. Am not seeing the "pop punk superhero nerd" vibe I want to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: