Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 05:42 PM

34 posts, read 46,627 times

Advertisements

I need to know where the Arby's, Metamorphasis, Kay Bee Toys, and Sam Goody were. Also, how old are the JC Penney, Spencer Gifts, Macy's, Sear's, Victoria's Secret, and Hollister?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 05:44 PM

34 posts, read 46,627 times
And I think Hot Topic relocated upstairs in the late 2000's. I believe the Sam Goody is where the FYE is. Just guessing.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:17 PM

218 posts, read 501,533 times
There used to be a Musicland and Hastings music stores. One was just to the left when you walk out of Dillards. The other was upstairs around where the Pac Sun is. The was a Suncoast a little later around where the Kids Footlocker is. The Kay Bee was about where the Freestyle clothing store is. Arby's was just to the right of the the food court restrooms.

My favorite store was Toy Box. It was right where the closed Security Service was. I bought many Transformers/GI Joe toys there.

Chelsea Street Pub is right. It was right next to JCPenny. My Mom was the GM there for few years and I spent quite a few hours there. Probably more than I should have as a kid, but I couldn't pass up nachos and cherry cokes.

I can't forget about Aladdin's Castle. It was located where the H&R block is now.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:27 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
My husband spent many a Saturday at the mall, looking at girls, window shopping, playing video games and seeing movies at the theater in the mall.

Yeah Chelsea Street Pub was it. Good times.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:28 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
The Ingram Mall 6 Cinema and Lucas Pizza inside the back lower level entrance. Lucas Pizza was really good pizza til the owner was busted for Mafia related drug activities and all their stores in San Antonio were closed down. Hey, they were from Hazelton, PA (and they know mafia there).

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/13205

Last edited by Deep Forest; 09-24-2018 at 10:53 PM..

Old 09-25-2018, 10:12 AM

841 posts, read 1,747,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockerSupergirl View Post
I need to know where the Arby's, Metamorphasis, Kay Bee Toys, and Sam Goody were. Also, how old are the JC Penney, Spencer Gifts, Macy's, Sear's, Victoria's Secret, and Hollister?
JC Penney and Sears are two of the original tenants from 1979. Macy's was originally Foley's, and was built in 1983.

I suspect that Spencer Gifts is an original tenant. I remember the "scandalous" items they had back in 1981 (or so) when my middle school buds and I would visit the mall. (I also saw Raiders of the Lost Ark at the mall's theater that same year)

Old 09-25-2018, 10:20 AM

841 posts, read 1,747,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
The Ingram Mall 6 Cinema and Lucas Pizza inside the back lower level entrance. Lucas Pizza was really good pizza til the owner was busted for Mafia related drug activities and all their stores in San Antonio were closed down. Hey, they were from Hazelton, PA (and they know mafia there).

Ingram Mall 6 in San Antonio, TX - Cinema Treasures

I THINK in the mid 1990's they filled in the sublevel of the theater to bring it up to the mall level after it closed. I remember that you had to walk down stairs after you bought your tickets, but I don't recall if they had a small arcade at the lower level (it was open so that you could look down from the mall walkway), or if it was just the concession stand.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:40 AM

218 posts, read 501,533 times
I don’t remember stairs up front. I remember the ticket both was in the mall and the arcade games were right in the front.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:57 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,620,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDG91 View Post
You should do your report on Northstar mall instead. Dillards used to be Joske's, forever 21 used to be mervyns, in the mid 2000s, foley's merged with macy's. I believe where the jc penney's is now used to be a foley's. They made that foley's to a jc penney's because there was already a macy's at that location. where kona grill is now used to be a sharper image store. They used to have a luby's in the mall but they made that into some clothing store. Anyways, i'm sure you can find some more info on the place online.
I worked at Joske’s North Star in the first floor books and camera dept.
Around the area where Macy's is located today, there was an H.E.B. Store.
At Central Park mall, on the other side of North Star on San Pedro, was a
Handy Andy supermarket.
There is probably more information in the section,”Gone But Not Forgotten”.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:24 PM

31 posts, read 41,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockerSupergirl View Post
I believe where the vans store is now, that used to be KB Toys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio