Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:47 PM

933 posts, read 1,979,244 times

Advertisements

We ventured into Mamacita's today for lunch.

We had a recommendation from a friend and thought we would hit it up before we move to the other side of town.

First off, what a beautiful place inside!

We were so impressed, and the girls LOVED the shooting stars.

The interior reminded me a bit of the blue bayou at disneyland, though this was a lot nicer....or maybe it was more like the Pirate ride...hmm...

Anyhow, we had a wonderful server that all of us loved.

She was so friendly and professional.

She even suggested that we order the Mamacita sauce on the side to try it..and if we did not like it she would bring other sauce out.

Now how wonderful is that?

Not liking the sauce could have turned our meal into a non-starter.

Mrs. Spamatdan did not care for the sauce and our server promptly brought her out the regular sauce which she enjoyed.

She gave our girls hugs goodbye and even chased out after me in the rain because dumb dumb here left his jacket on the back of the chair.

Probably because i usually do not wear a coat..and its probably been a year or so since i have. haha

Anyhow...great place...we do plan on going there again when my mom visits in december.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 08:56 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,293 times
One of the best places ever!

Old 11-24-2007, 10:08 PM

330 posts, read 1,373,309 times
I agree, it's my favorite Mexican (or Tex-Mex or whatever) in the city. I love their guacamole salsa, and for those who prefer it spicier, just ask for their hot version.

The owner can often be seen going from table to table, asking people how their food is and if he can do anything for them... he never identifies himself as the owner (unless you ask, of course), he's just very hands on in making sure people are having a good time.

As spamatdan said, the decor is great, and so are the prices.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzy View Post
I agree, it's my favorite Mexican (or Tex-Mex or whatever) in the city. I love their guacamole salsa, and for those who prefer it spicier, just ask for their hot version.

The owner can often be seen going from table to table, asking people how their food is and if he can do anything for them... he never identifies himself as the owner (unless you ask, of course), he's just very hands on in making sure people are having a good time.

As spamatdan said, the decor is great, and so are the prices.
OH,thanks for the info on the guacamole salsa...we will have to ask for the enhanced version next time.

I forgot to mention the prices too! Absolutely incredible for a restaurant with that much class.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:13 AM

554 posts, read 2,307,785 times
I've never been too impressed with their food. There is much better Mexican food in san Antonio.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:54 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
Thanks for the review--we may have to give it a try! We don't venture out of our box much when it comes to Tex-Mex, but the service there sounds great.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:01 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,460,328 times
That and you can get cheesecake from the little cheesecake factory shop they have inside (or at least use to, haven't been there in a while).

Old 11-25-2007, 09:27 AM

30 posts, read 119,101 times
Never been that impressed with the food! Great decor though! I think Alamo Cafe Beats it....And if you want something even better, would recomend La Haciendas"not sure about spelling"!

Old 11-25-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
That and you can get cheesecake from the little cheesecake factory shop they have inside (or at least use to, haven't been there in a while).
Yes indeed, the cheese cake factory delights are still there. We resisted the urge...begrudgingly. They do have a habit of being a heavy hit on the wallet, but oh so delicious. Heck, they even serve Starbuck$ there too.

Oh, we checked out Las Palapas last week and enjoyed it.

We have not checked out Alamo Cafe yet, but it is on our list.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:44 PM

77 posts, read 480,991 times
We werent very impressed with it either. My wife isnt a very big eater so we shared a plate. Its the one and only place that we have been to that they tried hit us with a $3 service charge for plate sharing.
If they serve Starbucks and cheesecake, it's NOT a mexican resaurant. Mamacita's is a glamorized Taco Bell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio