Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 10:49 AM

349 posts, read 422,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
A thread crticizing SAPD for having crooked leadership and unprofessional officers is a cop-bashing thread? I had to deal with SAPD's laziness and unprofessionalism, not only in the workplace, but as a private citizen. No one is above criticism, and SAPD and BCSO's dysfunction is not representative of all police departments. Yes, you are defending dysfunction. If the citizens are okay with low standards, then that is what they'll continue to get.

Especially when you the taxpayer are funding their salaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 11:24 AM

87 posts, read 64,804 times
I will not Rocky let this become a psychological slug-fest. Debate the fact at hand (such as McManus showing that he is willing to let immigrants go without reporting it to proper authorities, which damages statistics)…

You are also not addressing the fact that our drug rehabilitation programs are highly susceptible to bribery. I would appriciate a more rational approach to the conversation, rather than rely on the politics of emotions which you are pushing towards. If anything, the fact you are swaying people with feelings-based psychological arguments shows exactly why you don't trust psychiatrists to lead drug users and dealers out of trouble. They just teach people how to cover for their psychopathy.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:25 PM

502 posts, read 391,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBard79 View Post
I will not Rocky let this become a psychological slug-fest. Debate the fact at hand (such as McManus showing that he is willing to let immigrants go without reporting it to proper authorities, which damages statistics)…

You are also not addressing the fact that our drug rehabilitation programs are highly susceptible to bribery. I would appriciate a more rational approach to the conversation, rather than rely on the politics of emotions which you are pushing towards. If anything, the fact you are swaying people with feelings-based psychological arguments shows exactly why you don't trust psychiatrists to lead drug users and dealers out of trouble. They just teach people how to cover for their psychopathy.
I don't know anything about how drug addicts and drug addiction are different in San Antonio are different from other cities so I can't speak on that.

What I wanted to address was your uninformed and frankly bizarre comments implying San Antonio was seeing negative effects from immigration which really couldn't be further from the truth. You saying that "San Antonio is a city catering for foreign nationals" couldn't be further from the truth, so I had to call you out on it. You have no facts.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:43 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
San Antonio is a sanctuary city and that is a fact. Even McManus is part of that movement.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:27 AM

502 posts, read 391,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
San Antonio is a sanctuary city and that is a fact. Even McManus is part of that movement.
Officially it's not and whether it's a sanctuary City or not doesn't change the fact that while many may pass through San Antonio,few immigrants actually decide to stay there.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:34 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,074 times
English isn't the official language of this country either..but yeah..it is.

Many,many immigrants (both legal and illegal) do settle here. RCR is full of opinions.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:47 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRick View Post
The fish always stinks from the head. SAPD has been going downhill ever since they hired chump magnovox, the first time. They never should have rehired him after he "retired".
Thats the way it is in any department, the management is letting things go.
Ive seen articles on many departments around the country where the chiefs genuinely work on professionalism, and they prove it.

So the real question is, why is the Chief and Commissioner of SAPD letting the department get this way.
Lack of funds, lack of support from city council, crooked chief, city council, mayor or commissioner, it could be anything.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:22 PM

Until "de-stigmatization" in America took hold after 2009, Drug dealers and Drug Users were not treated the same as anyone else. They were considered dangerous people who were tied to criminal activity.

When de-stigmatization settled in San Antonio, almost every drug dealer and user in the area I had ever reported to SAPD, or BCSO paid me visits bragging about how they were now to be treated the same as everyone else around me. The were the very definition of passive-aggressive - openly smiling, bragging about how their drug habits were "no big deal", and getting mad if I told them to **** off, or laughing in my face.

That's until some of them got into a 7 car roll-over accident with an intoxicated driver. when people stated asking questions I suddenly got visited by someone with a metal steam cup full of THC - that and other experiences were repeated until the trial ended. Every conservative Christian I knew dumped me, as well as every liberal. For the Christians, it was about me not being forgiving and being angry. For the Liberals, it was not for accepting drug users as "disabled".

Old 10-27-2018, 02:03 AM

The only thing wrong with any of this is the blatent disregard for the fact that San Antonio's legal system is so freaking compromised no one gets anything done...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio