Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtrkgrl View Post
the op has posted only this one thread and hasn't been back since the same day (4-4-08).

I don't think he/she is needing the advice anymore.
true dat!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 05:03 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Lightbulb Home in a Nice Neighborhood

The following neighborhood is in that price range and close to 1604 and Culebra and the lots are much bigger than at Alamo Ranch (2-5 acre, wooded lots). From looking at google, it looks like a third of the homes have pools already. Canyon Parke Estates at Remuda Ranch It's a completed neighborhood so there is no construction traffic and should be stable from the "constant moving" that occurs in more populated neighborhoods. There were four homes that were for sale (in May) but I believe there are only two left.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:42 PM

41 posts, read 108,846 times
Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele164 View Post
I live in Alamo Ranch. Sure it is a nice subdivision. As for the schools, they are incredibly overcrowded. If you want to spend between 300-400k on a home and want good schools move to Stone Oak. If you live in Alamo Ranch and spend that much money on a home, like we did, you will be "rich" for this area. It has the most expensive homes surrounded by subdivisions that have homes that start in the 90's even some mobile home communities. Until they get the new schools built your kids will be attending school with kids at the other end of the "income" spectrum, it is such a wide income gap and I believe in the long run it can cause problems for all.

Michele look some of us I guess didn't want to spend 300k on our home that I will probably not live in for 15 years. Sorry if my 150k house brings your home value down, but as for someone that has grown up in this area since I was little, alot of these things you mention have been here long before you moved here. I am appalled at some of the things you said on here I am a young professional in my 20's and have spent 20 plus years seeing this area change, true there are some questionable areas but you will find that everywhere just look at all the trouble that Blanco road subs have had since Katrina. Northeast schools are just as crowded as northside schools just look at the fight between people to get into Reagan. If you don't like it move please and don't be snobby and bring down the community with it. I am sorry and I don't mean to offend anyone but I had to respond.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:06 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw4life View Post
Michele look some of us I guess didn't want to spend 300k on our home that I will probably not live in for 15 years. Sorry if my 150k house brings your home value down, but as for someone that has grown up in this area since I was little, alot of these things you mention have been here long before you moved here. I am appalled at some of the things you said on here I am a young professional in my 20's and have spent 20 plus years seeing this area change, true there are some questionable areas but you will find that everywhere just look at all the trouble that Blanco road subs have had since Katrina. Northeast schools are just as crowded as northside schools just look at the fight between people to get into Reagan. If you don't like it move please and don't be snobby and bring down the community with it. I am sorry and I don't mean to offend anyone but I had to respond.
I agree with you. I have been in the area almost my whole life (since i was 8 y/o). I have seen the changes and although I don't like it I know there is nothing I can do about it. It makes it even worse when people move into the area and start talking bad about what has been here for years. They move here and want everyone/everything to change to meet their needs. This stuff was here when you bought your house. They should have moved into the Dominion.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:35 PM

48 posts, read 94,501 times
I guess I'll add my 2 cents. frankly, I just think Michele164 is being a little short sighted. If you look a alamo ranch it is actually planned well, with a multitude of builders from the 150s to the 400s. When complete it will dwarf the subdivisions surrounding it. but it will take time. I have lived here for about a year, and quite honestly we love it, and yes I have 12 year old that really likes her school and had no problems there. and yes Michele164 our home probably cost only a little less than yours (upper 280s) but does that matter. and one more thing, if you know anything about NSISD they will build new school. they have already been funded.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:15 AM

50 posts, read 231,905 times
Default Never Mind....

The person in question was looking for areas with homes in the $300,000 to $400,000 range!!!|!

Old 07-30-2008, 09:48 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
Quote:
I live in Alamo Ranch. Sure it is a nice subdivision. As for the schools, they are incredibly overcrowded. If you want to spend between 300-400k on a home and want good schools move to Stone Oak. If you live in Alamo Ranch and spend that much money on a home, like we did, you will be "rich" for this area. It has the most expensive homes surrounded by subdivisions that have homes that start in the 90's even some mobile home communities. Until they get the new schools built your kids will be attending school with kids at the other end of the "income" spectrum, it is such a wide income gap and I believe in the long run it can cause problems for all.
Quote:
The person in question was looking for areas with homes in the $300,000 to $400,000 range!!!|!
You knew that when you first posted

Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
You could bring that $300 - $400,000 over here to a nice little area on the southside. You could possibly get an entire block of homes. Live in one sell the rest to friends or tear down a couple and make your own park. Our schools shouldn't be overcrowded as they have recently been rebuilt and enlarged. In fact they're now closing some of our schools. Lack of need or to save $. You should probably expect to pay a Higher property tax here. Not just for the rebuilding of our schools but, the continued mishandling of school district funds. Now they're looking for another tax hike. We are truly blessed. You could be King of the hill here! This is partially in jest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio