Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 01:47 AM

87 posts, read 64,863 times

Advertisements

Flip side of it is that I was "too white" growing up to be considered a symbol of the community in my area, no matter how many achievement awards I won in High School for music and represented my neighborhood on many political ventures. People would just follow behind me passive-aggressively with THC in steam form, watch me go haywire, and laugh.

When I got pissed, "We're sorry he's like that." and "He's mentally ill." I know thank you how in Mexico the "Village Idiot" treatment is started so the community has someone to kick around when they just aren't happy with themselves. That side of Hispanic culture has NO PLACE in America.

Check your own racism before you accuse someone else. And anyway, what does racism have to do with Genie Jones or SAPD running interference with the DEA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 05:51 AM

4,434 posts, read 5,347,238 times
Oh this is getting good. When were you abducted by the aliens? I here they can by found around SAC.

Old 10-27-2018, 02:48 PM

87 posts, read 64,863 times
Now THAT kind of ridicule is passive-aggression and everything I would expect out of people who actually think whites can't be treated with racism.

I've met some great Hispanics in the local community and grew up around some wonderful people who would prove ANY racist wrong about any stereotype of all Hispanics can be bad. But to say that racism just is only a whites issue or whatever is bull****. But anyway, we're getting away from any facts and particulars which were espoused in this thread. Maybe instead of laughing about San Antonio being one of the most violent and drug infested in America and waving out little flags and saying "Viva San Antonio" or some other pointless emotional comment, you should tell me WHY San Antonio is the best place to live in America.

If anything, the fact that the topic is avoided speaks volumes.

Old 10-27-2018, 03:21 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBard79 View Post
you should tell me WHY San Antonio is the best place to live in America.

If anything, the fact that the topic is avoided speaks volumes.
Wasn't aware that we were required to respond to your demands.....who made you king?

The PEOPLE of SA are what makes it such a treasure. With all their faults and foibles, they have hearts that can be felt beating all over the state. Rather than finding fault, try finding the good - there's plenty of it.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:20 PM

658 posts, read 722,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Like the one poster said ...you don't like it, leave.
Yeah don't try to make it like, better or anything. Just bail, man. Leave the garbage to those who DO like it.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:16 PM

218 posts, read 501,533 times
Well the good news is crime is going down.

[url=http://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/san-antonio/news/2018/10/04/locals-weigh-in-on-sa-crime-drop]Locals weigh in on San Antonio crime drop[/url]

Old 10-28-2018, 12:18 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
There is no point to this post other than to elicit or provoke a response. Does San Antonio have crime? Yes. Do other major American cities? Also yes. Posting this type of question at election time seems just like shilling to me. I can tell you I'd much rather walk the streets of San Antonio, anywhere in San Antonio, than walk the streets of Baltimore MD or Camden NJ, and I've done that. I'm very comfortable in this city...crime and violence and all. I've lived around the world and we have it really good here. If you don't like it, try somewhere else.
Two of the most dangerous cities in America. Great comparison

Old 10-28-2018, 12:19 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,005,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
What do you expect from a "sanctuary city"? A city which, by the very nature of their position, endorses illegal activity? Until the citizenry of SA wakes up and does a top-to-bottom cleaning of their local political leadership, don't look for it to get any better.
I thought they were banned in Texas?

Old 10-28-2018, 01:13 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I thought they were banned in Texas?
That's never slowed the city council.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:29 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
Yeah don't try to make it like, better or anything. Just bail, man. Leave the garbage to those who DO like it.

Exactly,,,he needs to hit the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio