Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2018, 06:15 PM

502 posts, read 389,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
When did I say I wanted that?
It is quite obvious why I don't want to live in Somalia. I'm guessing it's the same reason you don't want to either.
Just using the lowest common denominator like you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2018, 07:31 AM

1,514 posts, read 886,527 times
For those opposed to Universal Healthcare, a Single payer system and socialized medicine, I still am interested in hearing what you have found after researching answers to the questions below.

1. Are people in countries with free preventative and general health care (Universal Healthcare) healthier overall compared to the US which has "for profit" healthcare?
2. Where does the US rank in regards to overall health of its citizens compared to Universal Healthcare countries?
3. Where does the US rank in regards to "clinical outcomes" versus countries with Universal Healthcare?
4. Where does the US rank in regards to "medical costs" compared to Universal Healthcare?
5. Are people happier overall in other countries with Universal Healthcare?
6. Are people in other countries with socialized medicine happy to pay more in taxes to pay for socialized medicine and for other beneficial social programs?

Old 12-06-2018, 08:11 AM

87 posts, read 64,657 times
1. No. Actually in places like Britain the waiting lines for surgery are such that people die without seeing the doctor for their condition. General health might seem better, but if you're dead you aren't healthier.

2. We are lower, but that is not because of health access. It is because USDA regulations have allowed a lot of additives and fattening things in our diets. In Europe the food in general is different including quality of the meat. For myself, I visited McDonalds in Norway after a flight and at the airport in Newark before departure. The patty meat in Norway was almost completely different and something far more like what I might have expected from a wild hunting lodge. It tasted a bit gamy and in no way sterile. In fact, the countries that have better overall health have far more agriculture and small family farms than America does, where crop farming is now conglomerated into large corporations such as ADM and Ralston.

3. Because of question #2, #3 is in the same boat in that regard. Another thing to think about is hypnotics - both illegal and prescription are very common in America and do cause massive metabolic problems. Opoioids, and other toxic crap is everywhere and I've been exposed to drugs more than once in life outside of normal settings. People don't get arrested for that, though.

4. In America, doctors bills that go uncollected are swallowed up by state and federal funding. Things termed essential care by Medicare rules are allowed to everyone regardless of their ability to pay.

5. Countries with universal health care are currently heavily involved in influxes of migration. Paris is often seen with burning vehicles and rioting, while Germany is overrun. Norway reports massive rape infestations. You tell me.

6. Some tell me yes, and others have torn the fences down to get to America for that - especially a woman I know who came from Britain. Thats an opinion you can't poll for reliably.

Old 12-06-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBard79 View Post
1. No. Actually in places like Britain the waiting lines for surgery are such that people die without seeing the doctor for their condition. General health might seem better, but if you're dead you aren't healthier.

2. We are lower, but that is not because of health access. It is because USDA regulations have allowed a lot of additives and fattening things in our diets. In Europe the food in general is different including quality of the meat. For myself, I visited McDonalds in Norway after a flight and at the airport in Newark before departure. The patty meat in Norway was almost completely different and something far more like what I might have expected from a wild hunting lodge. It tasted a bit gamy and in no way sterile. In fact, the countries that have better overall health have far more agriculture and small family farms than America does, where crop farming is now conglomerated into large corporations such as ADM and Ralston.

3. Because of question #2, #3 is in the same boat in that regard. Another thing to think about is hypnotics - both illegal and prescription are very common in America and do cause massive metabolic problems. Opoioids, and other toxic crap is everywhere and I've been exposed to drugs more than once in life outside of normal settings. People don't get arrested for that, though.

4. In America, doctors bills that go uncollected are swallowed up by state and federal funding. Things termed essential care by Medicare rules are allowed to everyone regardless of their ability to pay.

5. Countries with universal health care are currently heavily involved in influxes of migration. Paris is often seen with burning vehicles and rioting, while Germany is overrun. Norway reports massive rape infestations. You tell me.

6. Some tell me yes, and others have torn the fences down to get to America for that - especially a woman I know who came from Britain. Thats an opinion you can't poll for reliably.
Only if you are extremely wealthy or extremely poor does it make sense to move to the US.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:46 PM

7,119 posts, read 11,789,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
Only if you are extremely wealthy or extremely poor does it make sense to move to the US.
Sorry, but I disagree. This county - with all its' faults - is still one in which a man can start with nothing and build an empire if he's willing to put the work in.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:13 PM

87 posts, read 64,657 times
... unless Redneck the drug dealers ********* up and laugh. Truth is in Texas, the criminal underground is so good at drugging people and then running to the Psychiatrist for a hug and a bottle of pills that they simply do not understand responsibility. And that's why our crime rates are so high.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Sorry, but I disagree. This county - with all its' faults - is still one in which a man can start with nothing and build an empire if he's willing to put the work in.
You don't know what it's like to be an immigrant with nothing.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:36 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,964,223 times
If this country is so racist, weak, and horrible why are people throwing rocks at the border, demanding to be let in? Just because YOU think the country sucks, doesn't mean that it does.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
If this country is so racist, weak, and horrible why are people throwing rocks at the border, demanding to be let in? Just because YOU think the country sucks, doesn't mean that it does.
I'm not saying it sucks, I know from experience that if you're coming from 3rd world poverty it's like heaven. But for people that really come from nothing their best bet is sacrificing they life so maybe at least some in the future generations will be able to enjoy some of that American dream.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:32 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,214,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Nope. That used to be true, but not so much any more. Google "economic mobility" and do a little reading. Many other countries have higher rates of people moving into higher income levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio