Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2018, 06:08 AM

3 posts, read 4,343 times

Advertisements

My neighbors have numerous vehicles and park in front of my house daily, which has caused disruption of my garbage pick-up as access is blocked by their vehicle. I have not yet approached them to ask them to not park on the curb in front of my house, but do HOA rules/regulations support my request if I ask, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 06:22 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
The answer to whether it's against the "rules/regulations" depends on the HOA. Check out the DCCR paperwork that you signed when you bought your house. If you find something that applies, contact the HOA (or its management company) and ask them for relief.

Another way to tell if there might be rules against it is to check on many streets of your neighborhood on garbage pickup day and see if inconsiderate parking is happening at other houses.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:22 AM

4,326 posts, read 7,234,158 times
It depends on what, if anything, your neighborhood's covenants and deed restrictions say regarding vehicle parking. You should have been furnished a copy of those when you purchased the property.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:26 AM

207 posts, read 320,550 times
If all else fails and there is no way to keep them from parking in front of your house you could just put your trash can in front of your driveway.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:44 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
You're about 8 years late for all the people who lived in the area to answer your question. There was a large contingent of AR/far west SA residents on the forum in the past. Why not ask on Nextdoor if you don't have access to HOA info?

Old 12-01-2018, 06:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,343 times
Just meant to ask if anyone currently living in RedBird Ranch subdivision knew off the top of their head the answer to parking rules if a neighbor hogged the space in front my house because they have so many vehicles and selfishly don't use their garage and won't bother to move their cars around for each other - they would rather use the space in front of my house as a permanent parking spot. Thank you all for your feedback.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:03 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,119,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faffeshu View Post
Just meant to ask if anyone currently living in RedBird Ranch subdivision knew off the top of their head the answer to parking rules if a neighbor hogged the space in front my house because they have so many vehicles and selfishly don't use their garage and won't bother to move their cars around for each other - they would rather use the space in front of my house as a permanent parking spot. Thank you all for your feedback.
You can find folks in same neighborhood on NextDoor app.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:13 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
I think he'll find some here, as well - not as many as there once were - but I think they're still out there. Some of the folks have been intimidated by the "attack mode" some members of this group has, but they still monitor and contribute.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:32 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,684 times
This happened to be a couple weeks ago. The best part was that trash was missed on a Friday, we contacted to have it picked up which takes up to 3 days...left for Thanksgiving out of town Mon-Thurs but had emailed the HOA about the matter...and got a nasty letter about our trash cans being out too long.

Our neighbors have like 50 cars. Ok, maybe 7.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:25 AM

554 posts, read 1,067,421 times
There are no parking rules in RBR. We are not a gated community, and the streets are therefore public property. Unless I am missing something an HOA cannot establish any rules that regulate what happens on public property. I saw your post on the Facebook group, along with the reply from the HOA president to make a proposal at the next board meeting, but I think she said that just to try to get more people to attend the meeting, as attendance has historically been low to these meetings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio