Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 05:21 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times

Advertisements

What's the story? I get mixed information. Some folks say they would never live in Converse because of the crime and that it's an undesirable town. Others say the area is fine, no problem. A cursory look on real estate sites shows homes with decent square footage for under 200K. Certainly those prices are rare outside of bad areas in San Antonio, which leads me to believe, along with the lower taxes on those properties, that the area isn't all that great, but I have some coworkers that swear it's a fine area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 08:40 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,074 times
One man's "it's a fine area"is another's "s-hole". Personally, I wouldn't live there. I'm sure that others would.
Why don't you spend some time in the area, gather some info and then make a decision?

Old 03-06-2019, 02:46 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
If you like KB homes ( and the fact that lower end KB neighborhoods deteriorate pretty rapidly ) then Converse is fine. Seems like a lot of cheap houses have gone up really fast over off 1604 by Randolph. I wouldn't live there but there are definitely worse areas in and around San Antonio.

Schertz is more expensive but it's a lot nicer. If I were looking at homes on that side of town, that's where I would look. Schertz or Cibolo.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
One man's "it's a fine area"is another's "s-hole". Personally, I wouldn't live there. I'm sure that others would.
Why don't you spend some time in the area, gather some info and then make a decision?
Thanks. I’ve driven the neighborhoods and spent some time trying to access the area. That’s why I’m asking here. While there are parts of Converse that look tired and worn, other parts look fine. This is also why I was asking at work from people who either live there or have family/friends who do. I wanted more information than what I could gather in person.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
If you like KB homes ( and the fact that lower end KB neighborhoods deteriorate pretty rapidly ) then Converse is fine. Seems like a lot of cheap houses have gone up really fast over off 1604 by Randolph. I wouldn't live there but there are definitely worse areas in and around San Antonio.

Schertz is more expensive but it's a lot nicer. If I were looking at homes on that side of town, that's where I would look. Schertz or Cibolo.
Thanks Sappire. I have been looking in Schertz and Cibolo and some parts of Universal City. Some folks at work asked me why I wasn’t also considering Converse, which is why I asked here after getting mixed reviews at work and nothing really standing out one way or the other when I visited in person. Schertz/Ciboloarea has been the initial choice, but just making sure I’m not missing anything.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:35 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,074 times
Schertz over Cibolo..but they are both better than Converse (IMO). Those locations are good if you need to be in the NE area of town.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Schertz over Cibolo..but they are both better than Converse (IMO). Those locations are good if you need to be in the NE area of town.
Well I work near Ft Sam, so it's not so much that I need to be on the NE side of town but more that my max house budget is 200K so that doesn't buy me anything in a good area inside the loop for the most part.

Thanks.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:07 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,000,266 times
Windcrest, Garden Ridge, Universal City, Schertz, Cibolo, even Seguin is probably better than Converse.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:05 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,216,327 times
We looked at some new builds this year and last year in converse. Seemed like old industrial or farm land.

The KB houses built a few years before that seemed to be attracting the wrong crowd.

Big rims on cars, and people parking on their front lawns. Also screens popping out of houses, and general disrepair.

Also you are in the middle of nowhere it is a drive to go most places we wanted to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio