Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 01:50 PM

104 posts, read 216,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
They have not been accused of discrimination against customers or employees. The issue is that the foundation donates to anti-LGBTQ charities that oppose same-sex marriage and support conversion therapy.

How would Chick-Fil-A fans feel if the foundation was contributing to a group that supports increased gun regulations?
But they don’t support gun regulations. Yes the market will either support or boycott a business based on a variety of factors they are one of the most successful and popular chains. I would submit a majority of market has spoken.

Old 03-22-2019, 01:55 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,225,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Their money, their choice.

Liberals are truly mental.
If a fast-food chain that actively supported gun control wanted a slot at the airport, you'd be okay with that?

Old 03-22-2019, 01:59 PM

104 posts, read 216,769 times
Btw, I’ve read Dan Cathy (who is not the ceo) supports a group that believes you can pray the gay away but I’ve not heard of supporting conversion therapy, I admit I may be wrong I honestly never heard that piece.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:07 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
If a fast-food chain that actively supported gun control wanted a slot at the airport, you'd be okay with that?
Yes. I would choose not to support them but I don't think it's grown-up or American to deny them the right to do business. I'm a grownup and a proud American. I think maybe more people should be grown up and respectful of freedom. But that's just me. I'm not a raging lunatic that thinks every person has to think the same or that if someone disagrees with me, they hate me. I also don't have to control where a private person spends their money, nor do I have to control where a private business spends its money. There are certain businesses who donate a ton of money to Planned Parenthood, for example. They're free to do so, but since I am aware of that about them, I don't spend my hard-earned money there. See how that works?

Old 03-22-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toc1996 View Post
But they don’t support gun regulations. Yes the market will either support or boycott a business based on a variety of factors they are one of the most successful and popular chains. I would submit a majority of market has spoken.
But what if they did support gun regulations? Would that change your views?

No question it is a popular chain. But when elected officials choose businesses that are considered for a location (a pretty rare event), they are expected to consider the community's values. Popularity is irrelevant. There are plenty of other popular chains that don't take controversial social positions.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toc1996 View Post
Btw, I’ve read Dan Cathy (who is not the ceo) supports a group that believes you can pray the gay away but I’ve not heard of supporting conversion therapy, I admit I may be wrong I honestly never heard that piece.
And? If he wants to believe the moon is made of cheese, why is that anyone's concern? If you don't want your money going to anything he supports with HIS money (that he gets from you IF you spend money there) then just don't spend your money there. Why is that so difficult for people?

Old 03-22-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
But what if they did support gun regulations? Would that change your views?

No question it is a popular chain. But when elected officials choose businesses that are considered for a location (a pretty rare event), they are expected to consider the community's values. Popularity is irrelevant. There are plenty of other popular chains that don't take controversial social positions.
Excuse me but Starbucks is at the airport. PLEASE.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Excuse me but Starbucks is at the airport. PLEASE.
Which activities of the Starbucks Foundation are controversial?

Old 03-22-2019, 02:26 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,232,821 times
Quote:
Why would we even consider having a concession at the airport that is closed every Sunday and on Thanksgiving and Christmas?
There used to be a Las Palapas at the Terminal A food court at SAT. All the Las Palapas locations I've been familiar with or driven by have always been closed on Sunday. In fact, some have displayed on their marquee "Closed Sunday for family and worship".

I was never in the airport food court on a Sunday, so I can't say for sure whether or not they made an exception for that location.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Which activities of the Starbucks Foundation are controversial?
I haven't researched their foundation but the company matches gifts to PP and the Susan Komen foundation, which in turn supports PP. I choose to prevent as much of my money from going to PP as possible so we don't visit Starbucks.

I'm not sure how anyone can say that the company itself isn't controversial, though. Between the 2nd Amendment, PP, and their support of LBGTQ there have been plenty of controversies. Maybe if you're a liberal you can't see it? I'm not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio