Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 01:58 AM

65 posts, read 68,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Hmm.

Man from OH (now) would like to ask me why I want my city safer.

What would I do? I’d get a great paying job, buy a nice house, donate to charity, and expect NOT to be killed on the freeway access road.

We have a mentally ill man who plays golf at the Brook Hollow and 281 gas station. Asked SAPD to do something. We get nothing. We get to enjoy a whole bunch of street walkers every single day walking down Brook Hollow going to that hotel.

Oh, back to your question AGAIN. I’d ask SAPD to do the job we pay 60% of our city budget for these people to do. When I call them about the man hitting golf balls in the field they should care enough to show up! I’d also ask to flood the ghetto east side to stop the rolling gun battles.

Sorry. I guess I ask too much.
I’m not going to try and dissect that mess, but what does ANY of that have to do with why you started this thread?

Also, you called the cops to report a man playing golf in a field... then you got upset when they didn’t wait their resources on a man playing golf in a field. Wut?

Lastly, rolling gun battles on the east side... Did you have your tv turned on to The Wire while you typed that out? I live not to far from the east side. There are no rolling gun battles. What a crook of baloney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 02:35 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmann View Post
If the 16 year old was defending herself, she will be able to defend herself in front of a jury and if she was defending herself, the jury will give her a not guilty of murder verdict

Self-defense is a hard sell when you ambushed another person.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:18 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,347,238 times
Quote:
I’m not going to try and dissect that mess, but what does ANY of that have to do with why you started this thread?

Also, you called the cops to report a man playing golf in a field... then you got upset when they didn’t wait their resources on a man playing golf in a field. Wut?

Lastly, rolling gun battles on the east side... Did you have your tv turned on to The Wire while you typed that out? I live not to far from the east side. There are no rolling gun battles. What a crook of baloney.
It is a homeless man that is constantly harassing our area when we stop to get gas. He lives in the field he plays “golf” in.

No guns on the east side? Do you even live in this city?

https://m.mysanantonio.com/news/loca...n-13508069.php

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/san...-on-east-side-

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...ide-apartment-

https://www.ktsa.com/man-killed-in-s...g-in-24-hours/

https://m.mysanantonio.com/news/loca...t-13762623.php

This was a real gem...

https://m.mysanantonio.com/news/loca...d-13759395.php

I guess I’ll eat my sandwich while watching real news.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
It is a homeless man that is constantly harassing our area when we stop to get gas. He lives in the field he plays “golf” in.
And you want the police to waste resources on a homeless man that isn’t doing anything illegal?

Did you purposely misconstrue my words or did you decide to play dumb and put words in my mouth? Where did I say there wasn’t gun violence on the east side?

I laughed at your “rolling gun battles” crack that was too stupid a thing to say to just be hyperbole.

But heck, you go on being the righteous vigilante. lol

Old 04-14-2019, 09:35 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,347,238 times
Quote:
And you want the police to waste resources on a homeless man that isn’t doing anything illegal?

Did you purposely misconstrue my words or did you decide to play dumb and put words in my mouth? Where did I say there wasn’t gun violence on the east side?

I laughed at your “rolling gun battles” crack that was too stupid a thing to say to just be hyperbole.

But heck, you go on being the righteous vigilante. lol
For someone who is a moderator on a different forum you cannot play nice.

I literally linked an article that said rolling gun battle.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:56 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I read on Facebook that she ( the murderer) was telling people beforehand that she was going to kill this girl. The prosecution must have more information than the social media lawyers do. At least it appears they do, based on the charges.
That’s what I heard (saw alleged screenshots in the days after the crime).

I agree — the powers that be know way more about this crime than we do. We will just need to let them do their jobs.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
For someone who is a moderator on a different forum you cannot play nice.

I literally linked an article that said rolling gun battle.
I’m not a moderator on any forum? What are you talking about?

Also, an over sensational article version idk, me, someone who doesn’t live too far from the center of the east side.

Old 05-05-2019, 07:41 AM

658 posts, read 722,100 times
Quote:
Hmm.

Man from OH (now) would like to ask me why I want my city safer.

What would I do? I’d get a great paying job, buy a nice house, donate to charity, and expect NOT to be killed on the freeway access road.

We have a mentally ill man who plays golf at the Brook Hollow and 281 gas station. Asked SAPD to do something. We get nothing. We get to enjoy a whole bunch of street walkers every single day walking down Brook Hollow going to that hotel.

Oh, back to your question AGAIN. I’d ask SAPD to do the job we pay 60% of our city budget for these people to do. When I call them about the man hitting golf balls in the field they should care enough to show up! I’d also ask to flood the ghetto east side to stop the rolling gun battles.

Sorry. I guess I ask too much.
San Antonio Police are pretty corrupt though. So many of them have been caught up in nasty scandals. They have always been a disappointment to my family and my grandfather was a Deputy Inspector in the NYPD so I know good police and bad police. San Antonio PD is a joke.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:58 AM

36 posts, read 25,689 times
I would like to know of any fundamental and widespread corruption within S.A.P.D.
Scandalous , might you explain your claim , your definition. It is only fair and just to justify your claim as an accuser. Here at this public forum.
I will grant you that things are not like they used to be and I do commend your family for their community service. My own family has a long history of serving in the military. Interesting.
Maybe I missed something. I know there are bad players everywhere and a rotten egg will slip through on occasion into any organization.
I surely always enjoy all of the new freeway system interchange on the northwest side near 410 and 151.
This city is beautiful and so, I would like to know of this corruption- in such a place as this, city.
Mind you I lived in a city where there was true widespread corruption in the Police Dept. and city hall.
Site the examples here, it is only fair and just for the accused. Scandalous is one thing corrrupt is another.
To make a blanket accusation against the entire police dept. is easy.
Corruption run amuck? S.A.P.D. A joke? There is no honor among all these folks?
These are people who will come at only a call if you summon them no matter the issue and risk all, for you. Mind you this heroic service is done for a salary so this is a form of payoff too. Not selfless at all but for monetary reward.

I also, lived in a northern city where there were crooked people everywhere. Like infestation. So. Here.
Many pounds of cocaine went missing from the police evidence room, ex-mayor now serving 28 years for strongarm and embezzlement and blackmail during his term now, in a penitentiary, City council entirely under indictment at one time for awarding city contracts for money, -smuggling drugs in the trunk of a marked police car across a state line, members of the school board stealing money from the kids, a sixteen year old shot and killed for trying to escape on an ATV.
These above, define widespread corruption and so I need to be enlightened, as to the state dishonor within our own city police dept. I did not think the Dept. was so very bad here as to be a , Joke.
These few random examples should serve as a parallel for severity or a contrast, for the police within the Dept. whom dishonor the badge hereabouts.
If you need to defame the police publicly you should define it. Corrupt monetarily or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
San Antonio Police are pretty corrupt though. So many of them have been caught up in nasty scandals. They have always been a disappointment to my family and my grandfather was a Deputy Inspector in the NYPD so I know good police and bad police. San Antonio PD is a joke.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:16 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Geez. I have no idea what point is trying to be made above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio