Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:51 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times

Advertisements

Good morning all!!

Dang, luckygreeniii ~ we must have just missed you at the Stockyards!! I looked at the clock real shortly after we got there and it was just a couple minutes before 10. Bummer!! Otherhalf, LatinoCowboy and I stayed for a little while. One of my daughter's classmate's mom was there with friends, so talked to them for awhile. (They didn't like how small the dancefloor was and so they headed out to Midnight Rodeo.) I think the Stockyards is very nice, it's definitely an "upscale" country place. Would be a nice place to take out of town guests (and the close proximity to the hotels is to their benefit), but I don't know how successful they'll be with the "dancing" crowd.

Thanx for posting the pix, gw! I love the one of luckygreeniii drinking her "soda" () in a sack!!

Sure was great to see/meet everybody! Looking forward to our shopping day!!!

Last edited by jules07; 04-13-2008 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 11:32 AM

732 posts, read 3,552,966 times
I'm so sorry I missed out on all the fun....I was in bed by 9pm....

Maybe next time the stars and planets will be in alignment and I'll FINALLY be able to attend!

Old 04-13-2008, 02:48 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Big thanks to Jules for putting it together!

and triple amen to that....

Jules, it all came together like a charm and it was a GREAT time!!!

the evening was perfect, and it was sooooo nice to meet Debe and Loren's son!!!

I will keep this young man in my prayers as he does his military gig... and I hope he has a prosperous and rewarding career there.....

I have been busy alllllll day catching up with record-keeping for my work.... finally able to get in here and say to all of you that showed.... loved meeting each and everyone of you ...... what a fine and fun group of people we had there!!

Old 04-13-2008, 03:28 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Good morning all!!

Dang, luckygreeniii ~ we must have just missed you at the Stockyards!! I looked at the clock real shortly after we got there and it was just a couple minutes before 10. Bummer!! Otherhalf, LatinoCowboy and I stayed for a little while. One of my daughter's classmate's mom was there with friends, so talked to them for awhile. (They didn't like how small the dancefloor was and so they headed out to Midnight Rodeo.) I think the Stockyards is very nice, it's definitely an "upscale" country place. Would be a nice place to take out of town guests (and the close proximity to the hotels is to their benefit), but I don't know how successful they'll be with the "dancing" crowd.

Thanx for posting the pix, gw! I love the one of luckygreeniii drinking her "soda" () in a sack!!

Sure was great to see/meet everybody! Looking forward to our shopping day!!!
We noticed the small dance floor also. Yes, we bailed out of there pretty early, Mr Luckygreeniii wanted to get home and play starcraft or something on the computer.

Is the shopping day a "no kids" day?

Old 04-13-2008, 03:56 PM

I would really love to do a shopping day.....but may have to bring my little one (8 mos. old). With breastfeeding and all...it's hard to leave her for too long. Luckily, she LOVES being out and people-watching!

I'm pretty sure DH would watch my oldest so I could have some retail therapy. A Sunday would probably work best for me since hubby usually works part of the day on Saturdays....

Old 04-13-2008, 04:23 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
I would really love to do a shopping day.....but may have to bring my little one (8 mos. old). With breastfeeding and all...it's hard to leave her for too long. Luckily, she LOVES being out and people-watching!

I'm pretty sure DH would watch my oldest so I could have some retail therapy. A Sunday would probably work best for me since hubby usually works part of the day on Saturdays....
Would love to have you come along if you can, but we were kinda thinking of a weekday type of trip to try and avoid the weekend shoppers...that place is a ZOO anyway, but if you go during the week it is a little more manageable.

Last time I was there on a weekend was a shortened trip because it was so dang crowded!

Old 04-13-2008, 04:31 PM

A week day would work for me....providing you don't mind the kids coming along....

But I understand perfectly if you would like to enjoy shopping sans kiddos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio