Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 10:39 PM

570 posts, read 1,286,992 times

Advertisements

Are there any Sears Stores left in San Antonio?
And if so,..... would that be a good place to purchase a Sealy Mattress?
If not,.... any suggestions would be appreciated.
I am looking for a place that will Deliver & Set up without charging an arm and a leg and a store that will stand behind the purchase if it turns out to be a lemon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 11:34 PM

432 posts, read 523,762 times
That's an easy question to answer.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:17 AM

4,330 posts, read 7,239,240 times
There are still Sears stores at Rolling Oaks Mall, in addition to South Park Mall. I believe the Factory Mattress chain of stores also sell Sealy Mattresses.

My past experience with buying mattresses in San Antonio is that you go to a retailer's showroom and try out the floor models. If you decide on one, you will most likely have to place an order, then wait for it to be shipped here to wherever their warehouse is, or possibly the store, in some cases. You then pick it up there when it comes in, or most places will deliver & set up (usually for a fee).

Old 06-09-2019, 07:40 AM

282 posts, read 342,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStraw View Post
Are there any Sears Stores left in San Antonio?
And if so,..... would that be a good place to purchase a Sealy Mattress?
If not,.... any suggestions would be appreciated.
I am looking for a place that will Deliver & Set up without charging an arm and a leg and a store that will stand behind the purchase if it turns out to be a lemon.

UltiMattress sells Sealy and has delivery, set up, and haul away. We’ll dealt with them a couple of times and been pleased. They have the lowest or will match prices so you really don’t gain much from visiting different dealers. As much as Sears seems to have been part of my life as a military brat and then member all over the US I’m sad to say Sears is on “life support” and may go under. Sears today is not the Sears of old.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:56 AM

4,330 posts, read 7,239,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyk47 View Post
As much as Sears seems to have been part of my life as a military brat and then member all over the US I’m sad to say Sears is on “life support” and may go under. Sears today is not the Sears of old.
Yes, that would be my fear.

However, in the case of a name-brand mattress purchase, I would assume once the product has been delivered & set up, you would be dealing with the manufacturer's claims department from that point on, rather than the retailer?

Old 06-09-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Yes, that would be my fear.

However, in the case of a name-brand mattress purchase, I would assume once the product has been delivered & set up, you would be dealing with the manufacturer's claims department from that point on, rather than the retailer?
Could be you’re dealing with the manufacturer directly but then again the retailer may be an “authorized” dealer and handles claims in the name of the manufacturer. Probably a good question to ask. As I recall UltiMattress had some kind of 60-90 day “try it, you’ll like it” program and you could return the mattress to them but I don’t recall the details. I would think they’d have to stand behind a mattress that turned out to be a “lemon” but I would assume that would be a pretty immediate issue. There’s a certain level of normalization in the industry so prices, services, etc., are pretty much the same. Our last mattress, a Serta king, we actually bought from Stowers as we were also getting a new bedroom set. Their price was exactly the same as the couple of mattress retailers and it seemed more convenient to us for them to be in charge of delivering the mattress and bedroom set all at the same time. Not sure they would have done haul away, in fact I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have, but that wasn’t an issue in our case as the old queen mattress and bedroom set got moved upstairs into the guest bedroom.

Old 06-09-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyk47 View Post
UltiMattress sells Sealy and has delivery, set up, and haul away. We’ll dealt with them a couple of times and been pleased. They have the lowest or will match prices so you really don’t gain much from visiting different dealers. As much as Sears seems to have been part of my life as a military brat and then member all over the US I’m sad to say Sears is on “life support” and may go under. Sears today is not the Sears of old.
Thank you for the information. I had never heard of UltiMattress (probably because I have not been shopping for a mattress)
Which location do you recommend?

I agree .... "Sears today is not the Sears of old"

Old 06-09-2019, 05:10 PM

61,740 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Why Sealy mattress? There are better mattresses on the market and probably cheaper too.
And no, I wouldn't buy from Sears...

Old 06-10-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Why Sealy mattress? There are better mattresses on the market and probably cheaper too.
And no, I wouldn't buy from Sears...
"Why Sealy mattress?
I guess because I tend to be a creature of habit. I've used that brand in the past and had no complaints.
And... at this time... I do not have time to shop around or to read about other brands and read reviews, because I need it like NOW. It is for someone else that just came home from the hospital.

"There are better mattresses on the market and probably cheaper too."
Hey,.. I like that!
I'm all ears for suggestions of other brands that are better and cheaper!
If you yourself, have purchased and used another brand that is better and cheaper and can pass the information my way I would really appreciate it.
Thanks Elnina

Old 06-10-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStraw View Post
Thank you for the information. I had never heard of UltiMattress (probably because I have not been shopping for a mattress)
Which location do you recommend?

I agree .... "Sears today is not the Sears of old"

We’ve been using the store on US 281 near the TPC Parkway. I think there are a couple of stores on the west side of town and one in the south. A Google search should bring up the locations and addresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: