Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 10:46 AM

212 posts, read 477,398 times

Advertisements

I just read where folks are lining up out the door at Bill Miller's barbecue. One of the targets of Castro's bullying. Love it! Love that people are fighting back at these thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 10:51 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Juaquin is Julian's campaign finance chairman.

They are virtually the same and thought to be interchangeable, or at least until the River Parade.
I think this is commonly referred to as "two peas in a pod".

Old 08-10-2019, 11:28 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etcret View Post
Yes. And if you knew how congressional elections worked you would understand that he only represents a small portion of Texas. The state of Texas does not support him. He isn’t one of our state Senators. Not a single representative in the house or representatives represent their states. That was set up by our founding fathers and supported by our constitution. It’s members specifically were never setup to be represented by or supported by a state. Fact.
Yes- so true! He represents a gerrymandered EASY DEM district. It’s so easy that political opportunist Leticia VandePutte was begging Joaquin to run for Cornyn’s seat so that she could cruise to victory in running for Joaquin’s vacated seat.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:24 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,133,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogramjet View Post
I just read where folks are lining up out the door at Bill Miller's barbecue. One of the targets of Castro's bullying. Love it! Love that people are fighting back at these thugs.
Remember when gays tried to make an official boycott Chick-Fil-A day? Chick-Fil-A's already fantastic daily business skyrocketed, and many ran out of chicken on that day because so many people came! It acually brought people who never ate at Chick-Fil-A out and made them new customers!

I do think boycotts are stupid. I hate that Costco is a big donor to the democrat party but the store is so good, I continue to go there.

Democrats have been playing dirty for decades now, and any respect I may have had for them has been gone for more than half my life now but lately they are really getting out of hand. They now push anarchy.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
Remember when gays tried to make an official boycott Chick-Fil-A day? Chick-Fil-A's already fantastic daily business skyrocketed, and many ran out of chicken on that day because so many people came! It acually brought people who never ate at Chick-Fil-A out and made them new customers!

I do think boycotts are stupid. I hate that Costco is a big donor to the democrat party but the store is so good, I continue to go there.

Democrats have been playing dirty for decades now, and any respect I may have had for them has been gone for more than half my life now but lately they are really getting out of hand. They now push anarchy.
Repubs hate gays more than any other group, so it’s unlikely that this Bill Millers surge would be as big as the CFA gaylash. Bill Miller’s is not really all that great, but it does have VERY GOOD locations throughout the city and is a good value for the wallet. For example, the Rudy’s that we do have are far outside of the city limits except for the one on 151. Some of the smaller independent BBQ places may be harder to find and may not have the good hours that BM does. I do appreciate that BM pays more than minimum wage to its employees.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:12 PM

30 posts, read 29,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
Yes, I realize that he only represents his district in TX, where I happen to live. It is irrelevant whether the rest of the state supports him since he only needs to please his constituents. If you were talking about Joaquin, why did you say that Texas does not support him?
Because it doesn’t. Duh, your district isn’t Texas, it is in Texas. Big difference. He isn’t even pleasing his district. He is either pleasing or displeasing those who actually voted for him. Those in his district who either did not vote, which is the majority, or those who voted for another candidate don’t care about him anyway. It saddens me to think that so many people actually think because someone is elected, especially someone who on their best day is only selected by a small part of a single state, represents much of anything. There isn’t a politician alive who posts names of people to make political points represents me no matter who they are. Not one of our politicians represent me or anyone else. The difference is I understand this fact.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:36 PM

212 posts, read 477,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Repubs hate gays more than any other group,
I'm a proud gay Republican. And I have many Republican friends who love me just fine. The only hate I've ever experienced is from democrats who can't believe I'm a Republican. Don't care, though. Castro and his ilk have some serious karmic backlash coming their way.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:33 AM

31 posts, read 41,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogramjet View Post
I'm a proud gay Republican. And I have many Republican friends who love me just fine. The only hate I've ever experienced is from democrats who can't believe I'm a Republican. Don't care, though. Castro and his ilk have some serious karmic backlash coming their way.
I'm a 27 year old Hispanic republican and I respect you and see you as a fellow American! Democrats expect us to "fall in line" with them because they love playing identity politics and think that if you're gay or a minority or a young person then you should be a Democrat. We have the right to think for ourselves!

Old 08-11-2019, 05:06 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelesscause View Post
repubs hate gays more than any other group, except for liberal democrats
fify

Old 08-11-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
fify
Lol. That’s certainly true. Liberal Dems have been so extreme lately that it’s pretty easy for much of the mainstream to dislike them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio