Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:47 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I asked at the HEB Plus the other day, and the cashier told me that you can always bring in 5 plastics and get a free green bag. It's not just for earth day!
seriously? My son picked me up two yesterday, but if that's true I'll have him pick me up quite a few more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,646 times
Default Where do I find these?

Does anyone know what company HEB buys these reusable grocery bags from? Im looking at buying a big lot of these have them printed with our business logo and give them away to families as a thank you.

I love these things, they hold alot more, hold up much better and are so much easier to carry in to the house.

If anyone has any info please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Old 08-27-2008, 08:59 AM

486 posts, read 1,113,951 times
not sure where heb gets theirs but Im sure there are some places that sell bulk. This is just one of the places I saw through a google search that might help. ECOBAGS® original reusable cloth shopping bag, ECOWEAVE® certified organic home textiles

Old 02-16-2009, 12:33 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
My husband...the crazed bargain hunter that he is....drove to about 3 or 4 HEB's to get the free bags.

I now have 6 reuseable bags to store in the trunk of my car!

I'm also currently looking into buying one of those Sigg water bottles for each of us.....

Midorigreen is really going GREEN!!!!!
Careful Midorigreen, I did such a great job using my reusable grocery bags that I now have NOTHING to line my bathroom wastbaskets with or empty the kitty litter into! A quick search for biodegradable bags yielded very few alternatives.
So I had to *gulp* buy some of those cheapy small plastic bags for said uses. We'll stop lining the wastebaskets, but the litter MUST get scooped. Anyone seen any biodegradable poo bags for fido? Those would probably work, just not sure where to find them...

a few sidenotes of usless info: those plastic bags are known in the industry as Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers (FIBCs)! And Ruffies brand bags are produced by a fairly green company at first glance. I can scoop poop with a clear consious now.

Last edited by djw; 02-16-2009 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: updated

Old 02-16-2009, 12:45 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,352 times
SA Current - COLUMNS: Buck off

This article in the Current about HEB's buddy bucks (news to me) and their brown bag mascot vs their reusable bags.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:51 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
SA Current - COLUMNS: Buck off

This article in the Current about HEB's buddy bucks (news to me) and their brown bag mascot vs their reusable bags.
hehehe, Bagnesia: reusable bags & reminder kits

Old 02-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
That's the problem I have with reusable bags. I always remember them when I'm standing in the checkout line rather than when I'm getting out of the car.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
It has taken me almost a year (according to the start of this thread), but I have finally remembered to actually bring them into the store and I have 5 HEB, 1 Target, and 3 Lowes bags in my truck at almost any given time (still haven't mastered the getting them back in the truck from the pantry move yet).
My problems with them is those automated stands will not let you set them on the thing because they throw the weight off. I almost always use those things at the commissary (because I'm a cheap bastid that doesn't like the tip system they have) and I have to put my stuff into the plastic bag and then put those bags in the other bags. pretty retarded.

and the funniest thing is that I'll bring in a variety of them to HEB and they always use the Target one first. Today they had the option of 5 HEB bags or one Target bag for two bags of groceries (I bring in extras in case I find a lot of good deals, but the Culebra/1604 HEB totally sucks) and they chose the Target one first even though it wasn't at the top.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,884,909 times
I've gotten into the habit of taking the re-usable bags into the store. And I empty them and put them right at the back door so that the next one out puts them back into the car.
Also, the Olmos HEB gives you tickets to fill out for each bag used and puts them into a box for a drawing for a $50.00 HEB certificate. Sorta helps with the incentive. i haven't won yet, but here's hoping.
I also noticed that the HEB bagger uses any bag but HEB first. I have Lowe's and WalMart bags and some others, they always pick those first over the HEB bags.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:12 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
I dont know if someone else posted this but the WALMART resusable bags are $.50 now. I bought my first few from them when they first came out at $.99. The best ones IMO though have been the ones from Whole Foods. I bought several last year also for $.99 at the time, they are larger, sturdier, and "prettier." LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio