Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 10:32 AM

303 posts, read 364,524 times

Advertisements

Was anyone there for the mass mayhem after what was reported to be fireworks at Fiesta Texas caused a mass stampede at La Cantera with multiple fall injuries and panic?

Try to corroborate my daughter's accounts with other's... sounds like it was a complete poop show over there last night...

Old 09-29-2019, 02:12 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,525,332 times
Our society is walking on pins and needles. I am not anti CCW, but I am critical of promoters and pushers of more legal guns out in public. Imagine in this particular incident of mass panic if all CCW pull out their weapons and possibly start shooting at each other not really knowing what is going on or who "the shooter" really is. This could have made the situation worse.

https://www.ksat.com/news/police-say...-at-la-cantera

Old 09-29-2019, 03:05 PM

52 posts, read 53,912 times
But it didn't happen. System is working.

Old 09-29-2019, 07:17 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Our society is walking on pins and needles. I am not anti CCW, but I am critical of promoters and pushers of more legal guns out in public. Imagine in this particular incident of mass panic if all CCW pull out their weapons and possibly start shooting at each other not really knowing what is going on or who "the shooter" really is. This could have made the situation worse.

https://www.ksat.com/news/police-say...-at-la-cantera
This shows the lack of knowledge and critical thinking.....you can BET there were multiple LTC holders present....and guess what - NO ONE was shot.

Oh, d*** - another "blood flowing in the streets" prediction down the drain!

Old 09-29-2019, 10:03 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,525,332 times
I was merely presenting another angle of what could possibly happen, something a critical thinker does objectively. I suppose there could have been CCWers there, but we will never know as it wasn't reported. The scenario I presented is not impossible, there are alot of hotheaded knuckleheads who you and I wouldn't want carrying in public. I think of my hot tempered 22 year old nephew, for example, who can legally carry if he chose too but lets hope he doesn't at least for now. This is why I say I am not anti-ccw but I am also not for promoting it and encouraging everyone to be armed because there are some short fused and incompetent people among us, its not like conceal carry is some exclusive club. I guess I don't have as much faith in my fellow man as you do.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:06 PM

In my experience, someone that takes the time to become licensed to carry develops a better appreciation for just what responsibilities carrying that firearm brings with it. I actually find myself more willing to get angry on those rare occasions that I'm NOT carrying. Having that gun makes you think twice about what you say and do - more than most appreciate.
Again - you went to a level that didn't play out in real life, yet you wanted to "what if" it. That's not how it works.....

Old 09-30-2019, 06:30 AM

303 posts, read 364,524 times
Stand down folks. I didn't post a message asking for debate over CCW and other gun topics. I asked to try to corroborate my daughter's accounts with other's..

Old 09-30-2019, 06:58 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbcfy View Post
Stand down folks. I didn't post a message asking for debate over CCW and other gun topics. I asked to try to corroborate my daughter's accounts with other's..
Welcome to the San Antonio forum!

Old 09-30-2019, 08:11 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times
Quote:
Did you really think this thread would not snowball into gun politics? Come on now.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Nope - YOU weren't - but the follow-on posters sure were!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: