Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,971 times

Advertisements

My kids will be taking the driving test soon. I’m sure there are some locations that are better than others to take the test, as not all locations are equal. For example, some have harder graders that are perennially in a bad mood or some require taking the test in a really awkward location that could confuse even the most experienced of drivers. Where is the best place to take the test in the San Antonio, New Braunfels, Boerne area? Willing to go anywhere. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 09:19 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Why would you want to drive on the same road as someone who couldn't pass a driving test? Frankly, I'd WANT a tough tester for my kids - if they can pass THEM, then they're going to be able to better handle the REAL world driving that I'm going to let them participate in.

Old 01-07-2020, 09:57 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,100,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Why would you want to drive on the same road as someone who couldn't pass a driving test? Frankly, I'd WANT a tough tester for my kids - if they can pass THEM, then they're going to be able to better handle the REAL world driving that I'm going to let them participate in.
true that, plus, a general driving test to get a class C drivers license is super easy if you just learn and abide by basic traffic rules.

to your question... I don't think SA dps locations vary that much (Ive had my fair share of visits). I feel most are there to do their job and pass someone who is a safe and capable driver. ones that came off maybe strict or in a bad mood were actually helpful. you just don't know, they all have their guard up in a sense.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 2,971 times
I love how everyone on this forum always has to reply with a negative comment. That’s what’s wrong with society. You can’t just be helpful and nice?! My kids, frankly, are better drivers than 90% on the road. I know that for a fact. They constantly get passed and honked at by impatient jerks that decide to drive around them, down the wrong side of the road, simply because my kids opt to go the speed limit. They constantly have to slam on their brakes because some ADULT ran through a stop sign or light. So I don’t need a lecture. I’m simply asking if people had a more flawless experience at one DMV vs another. [Mod cut: personal attack]

Last edited by elnina; 01-07-2020 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: One more personal attack and you will be banned!

Old 01-07-2020, 02:34 PM

52 posts, read 53,946 times
Astute observations on all counts btw.

Old 01-07-2020, 02:52 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
This ^^^!!! By wanting your kids to take the easiest way you are not having their best interest in mind. You want them to pass the test even when you fear that they aren't really ready for it.
The first more complex situation on the road and they will be lost, confused and prone to make a costly mistake. That's how we have clueless or fearful drivers on the roads.
Make them take the toughest road with the most demanding instructor. It could save their (and others) life.
If they fail, they will learn something they didn't know how to handle.
It is not a bad thing...

Old 01-07-2020, 02:56 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momanne3 View Post
I love how everyone on this forum always has to reply with a negative comment. That’s what’s wrong with society. You can’t just be helpful and nice?! My kids, frankly, are better drivers than 90% on the road. I know that for a fact. They constantly get passed and honked at by impatient jerks that decide to drive around them, down the wrong side of the road, simply because my kids opt to go the speed limit. They constantly have to slam on their brakes because some ADULT ran through a stop sign or light. So I don’t need a lecture. I’m simply asking if people had a more flawless experience at one DMV vs another. I’d rather not take advice from someone who goes by the name “Texas redneck” by the way. Next...
They drive on the public roads without a license and you expect positive comments?
If they ARE the best drivers, then they shouldn't fear a tough driving test.

Old 01-07-2020, 03:21 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,272,767 times
My son took his test at Austin Driving School but my friend took her sons to the DMV in Leon Valley. I love the place personally but then I haven’t tested there. They said the person giving the test was pretty mean. They ended up having to take the test again and went to Pleasanton because it was a long wait for another appointment. They liked the person there and had no trouble passing. I can’t guarantee it was the instructor’s attitude that made them fail just passing along info. This was last spring so fairly recent. Also, it’s very hard to get an appointment. She had to pull them out of school which made it an already stressful situation - it’s hard to miss class at their school.

On the other hand I’ve seen tons of FB pics of happy new drivers at Leon Valley so....

Old 01-07-2020, 03:34 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,100,368 times
LoL. Calma. I read stuff of TexasRedneck/others & sometimes may not always agree but it's an opinion. No need to be offended. Society cant take an opposing comment these days. So a negative response to a negative is better? Lol

Imo harder graders dont exist, they all follow a set checklist each tester must complete. Super straightforward job these instructors have.

Now it's up to the person to pass judgement on the instructor depending on their demeanor.

Tone changed some in response, so for best route, consider the DPS off pecan valley/37.

Old 01-07-2020, 03:37 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
I am not sure I could spend 8 hours a day in a car with inexperienced teenage drivers testing them, even the "adult", experienced drivers on 410/I10/I35 are less scary I am sure.

I am sure these folks have a reason to be unpleasant about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio