Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2020, 09:16 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
My hope is that HEB starts implementing a limit on meat products such as beef and chicken. Maybe 1 package of beef (regardless on pounds) and 1 package of chicken (regardless of pounds) per person. Also frozen pizza limits - 1 per person. I have been to multiple HEBs over multiple days now and it seems people regularly make a run on this stuff and it is constantly cleared out. Completely bare. Not enough is being done to put reasonable controls in to control this hoarding.

On the downside, it makes people go to the store more frequently which is not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 10:30 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
On the downside, it makes people go to the store more frequently which is not good.
I think this is a big reason why people are hoarding. They understandably want to be exposed less by being out and about. The problem with not having adequate restrictions to combat hoarding though, is that while its good for the hoarders, it is not good for me and my family and for the majority - everyone else. We will go with much less or completely without.

Old 03-19-2020, 03:10 PM

603 posts, read 445,015 times
Quote:
My hope is that HEB starts implementing a limit on meat products such as beef and chicken. Maybe 1 package of beef (regardless on pounds) and 1 package of chicken (regardless of pounds) per person. Also frozen pizza limits - 1 per person. I have been to multiple HEBs over multiple days now and it seems people regularly make a run on this stuff and it is constantly cleared out. Completely bare. Not enough is being done to put reasonable controls in to control this hoarding. Because of this, you, me and the majority go without. Perhaps we could all petition HEB to do so.

I haven't been to HEB in several days but when I went there were limitations to the amount of meat and poultry that you could buy. I didn't read the restrictions but I think it was a limitation of two per type (meat/chicken/pork etc). I was only there for fresh produce but will need to make a store trip in the next 4-5 days.

Latest numbers are 29 Covid 19 ---- 6 of those are community spread.

Old 03-19-2020, 03:46 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
I think this is a big reason why people are hoarding. They understandably want to be exposed less by being out and about. The problem with not having adequate restrictions to combat hoarding though, is that while its good for the hoarders, it is not good for me and my family and for the majority - everyone else. We will go with much less or completely without.
I just hope that the hoarders will run out of space in their houses and refrigerators soon and unable to store more stuff. Then we should be back to normal.
Just wonder about all those that supposedly live from paycheck to paycheck - where they get all the money for this insane shopping?

Old 03-19-2020, 05:41 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
City officials are planning to begin releasing 'non-violent' inmates to the public. The process, expected to begin Wednesday, aims to lessen the threat of spreading COVID-19 throughout the population at the Bexar County Jail.
The Sheriff's Office said it is going through the process to identify who can safely be released.
https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local...hances-at-jail

Old 03-19-2020, 07:46 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times
Just heard that Cooter Browns will be closed for at least a week. I was just thinking about that problem yesterday as I drove by them, with all the emphasis on social distancing and how crowded places like that would be ideal for the virus to spread. Ironic, really...as I passed by it again later on outbound Bandera Road, I saw a car ahead of me...looked like the driver wanted to turn left toward it, but our special, remodeled Bandera Road/1604 only allows left turns there for the inbound drivers instead. The driver tried going into that lane the wrong way. I expected to hear a car crash, but apparently the driver managed somehow to avoid it. Probably a drunk.

Old 03-20-2020, 03:15 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,118,291 times
Quote:
My hope is that HEB starts implementing a limit on meat products such as beef and chicken. Maybe 1 package of beef (regardless on pounds) and 1 package of chicken (regardless of pounds) per person. Also frozen pizza limits - 1 per person. I have been to multiple HEBs over multiple days now and it seems people regularly make a run on this stuff and it is constantly cleared out. Completely bare. Not enough is being done to put reasonable controls in to control this hoarding. Because of this, you, me and the majority go without. Perhaps we could all petition HEB to do so.
Tri County Meats. Whole Foods. They all have meat.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:54 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,656,593 times
Damn. I wanted to visit San Antone in two weeks. Are you guys are under the "stay home restriction" like California? I may have to cancel my trip.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:18 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Damn. I wanted to visit San Antone in two weeks. Are you guys are under the "stay home restriction" like California? I may have to cancel my trip.
No, we are not. Public gatherings have been limited to 10 people or less, bars & nightclubs closed, restaurants are take-out or delivery-only. Some stores are closed or have reduced hours of operation. But we are free to leave our homes.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:58 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I just heffictiveope that the hoarders will run out of space in their houses and refrigerators soon and unable to store more stuff. Then we should be back to normal.
Just wonder about all those that supposedly live from paycheck to paycheck - where they get all the money for this insane shopping?
I made a run to Sprouts this morning to (successfully) pick up a couple of items I needed. Not terribly busy. Some items picked over. I noticed they posted (and printed on receipts) that effective March 18 until further notice, "All Sales Final". No returns or refunds. I guess they want to put a stop to hoarders buying more than they need, then trying to return unused product for a refund at a later date.

I was going to go to HEB, but one of the news channels did a live drive-by a little after 8:00 this morning, and the line was wrapped around the corner of the building, past the end of the strip center. Must have been a couple of hundred people. News people commented that the rain didn't seem to be discouraging these shoppers from coming out and lining up. Said they hadn't seen any shoppers coming out of the store yet, so no more people being let inside. Didn't want to join that mess (even though I would be going to a different HEB).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio