U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 12:53 PM

2,999 posts, read 1,252,342 times

Advertisements

If I had been exposed I would want to be quarantined so as not to infect family and friends.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 05:36 PM

15,589 posts, read 6,540,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
If I had been exposed I would want to be quarantined so as not to infect family and friends.

On the other hand, how would you feel if you started showing symptoms seven days after being released from quarantine? Which means you arrived at quarantine unexposed and then caught it from someone else there who had been?

Old 02-09-2020, 01:44 PM

2,999 posts, read 1,252,342 times
That would really be bad luck. But I think not quarantining people would be worse.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:01 PM

1,445 posts, read 578,304 times
From News 4 San Antonio:

There are people self-quarantined in Bexar County after returning from China, city says
https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...elf-quarantine

"The 91 people in quarantine at Lackland Air Force Base are not the only ones being monitored for the Coronavirus in the area."

"According to the city of San Antonio there are an unidentified amount of people throughout the county, self-quarantined in their own home."

"Those who are recently came back from "the area of China," according to the city."

- End article excerpts

Old 02-13-2020, 05:02 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,995,481 times
Now you understand my concerns about having then all over the country.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-qu...081929427.html

Old 02-13-2020, 10:16 AM

193 posts, read 224,861 times
News just hit the wires that one of the quarantined people at Lackland has been diagnosed with the Coronavirus.

CDC Confirmed it.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...onio-cdc-says/

Old 02-13-2020, 10:38 AM
Status: "We're all broken, that's how the light gets in." (set 11 days ago)

55,785 posts, read 44,151,488 times
So are the people who are "self quarantined" having their quarantines actually monitored by government officials? Or is this just the honor system?

This is getting ridiculous. I swear it's like some people WANT a pandemic.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:11 AM

5,380 posts, read 11,249,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So are the people who are "self quarantined" having their quarantines actually monitored by government officials? Or is this just the honor system?

This is getting ridiculous. I swear it's like some people WANT a pandemic.
It's ridiculous. Those quarantined at Lackland are allowed to walk about and socialize within the quarantine area. This seems careless to me, seeing experts still are not sure how long the incubation period is, how long the virus can survive on surfaces outside the host, and how it's even transmitted. We have an idea but there is no certainty. Fecal transmission is still an unknown. How does it travel (or does it) through airways (ventilation, heating, cooling ducts) etc. It seems to me until ALL these unknowns are locked down, they should be enforcing the strictest quarantine methods. Any confirmed cases will be treated at local hospitals and the public has no right to know which those are.

Another thing, we were lead to believe that those being held at military bases were US citizens who had recently traveled to China. This is not the case. There are some, but many are Chinese nationals, for whatever reason, were deemed persons with "ties" to America.

And, if you've been watching or listening to any of the briefings, the information is getting more veiled, less transparency to the public. This only causes more panic. This whole thing is somewhat of a trainwreck.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:17 AM
Status: "We're all broken, that's how the light gets in." (set 11 days ago)

55,785 posts, read 44,151,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
It's ridiculous. Those quarantined at Lackland are allowed to walk about and socialize within the quarantine area. This seems careless to me, seeing experts still are not sure how long the incubation period is, how long the virus can survive on surfaces outside the host, and how it's even transmitted. We have an idea but there is no certainty. Fecal transmission is still an unknown. How does it travel (or does it) through airways (ventilation, heating, cooling ducts) etc. It seems to me until ALL these unknowns are locked down, they should be enforcing the strictest quarantine methods. Any confirmed cases will be treated at local hospitals and the public has no right to know which those are.

Another thing, we were lead to believe that those being held at military bases were US citizens who had recently traveled to China. This is not the case. There are some, but many are Chinese nationals, for whatever reason, were deemed persons with "ties" to America.

And, if you've been watching or listening to any of the briefings, the information is getting more veiled, less transparency to the public. This only causes more panic. This whole thing is somewhat of a trainwreck.
Yeah, I am definitely not an alarmist or a conspiracy theorist, but I don't feel any better after watching the news conference.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:57 AM

1,445 posts, read 578,304 times
Didnt catch the news conference. Im personally not overly worried but am concerned. Perhaps the media (CNN, Fox News etc) is over sensationalizing COVID-19. There has been no significant spread here in the States, nor no deaths here in the States. Perhaps it is not as contagious and fatal (percentage wise) that is being reported as only severly sick may be going to get treated at hospitals in China where most who get it may be having much milder symptoms and staying home (driving fatality percentage numbers way down). After all, why would the government let people "self quarantine" in there own homes here in SA and throughout the states if the government thought there was a grave threat to transferability and fatality? We just dont know and that is my concern. Seems better to err on the side of safety the on the side of being sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio