Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2021, 11:33 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,732 times

Advertisements

I signed up to get mine through the VA. Who knows how long that will take
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2021, 12:05 PM

245 posts, read 236,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbullsfan View Post
I signed up to get mine through the VA. Who knows how long that will take
I finally got an appointment at the VA. You have to have an underlying health condition to get one at the VA right now.

Appointments are opening up Saturday at 8 am through Wellmed. Something like 9,000 vaccines. You have to call 833-968-1745 between 8am and 8pm on Sat. Call all day if you have to to get in.

Old 01-27-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBTX11 View Post
I finally got an appointment at the VA. You have to have an underlying health condition to get one at the VA right now.

Appointments are opening up Saturday at 8 am through Wellmed. Something like 9,000 vaccines. You have to call 833-968-1745 between 8am and 8pm on Sat. Call all day if you have to to get in.
Thanks for the update and info. I'm on the list but unfortunately I won't get it soon as I am not in the "at high risk" group because I don't have any pre-existings. I'll count that in itself as a blessing but it will just be a waiting game.

Do you know if the are doing the administering at sattelights or just Audie Murphy?

Old 01-27-2021, 02:06 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
The lines between "high risk" and "low risk" seem to be pretty blurred. I know of two people in my family that do not meet 1A or 1B criteria and got their shots. I didn't ask how they managed to do that.

Old 01-27-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the update and info. I'm on the list but unfortunately I won't get it soon as I am not in the "at high risk" group because I don't have any pre-existings. I'll count that in itself as a blessing but it will just be a waiting game.

Do you know if the are doing the administering at sattelights or just Audie Murphy?
I'm in the high risk category, so I was able to get an appointment. Mine is at Audie Murphy. There is a secondary VA location also at the Tejada clinic (I think, but not 100%).

Old 01-27-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
The lines between "high risk" and "low risk" seem to be pretty blurred. I know of two people in my family that do not meet 1A or 1B criteria and got their shots. I didn't ask how they managed to do that.
Because they aren't really checking. They don't have time to check thousands of people. It's basically the honor system. If you say you're 1A or 1B, you can likely get in.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:38 PM

814 posts, read 676,289 times
Some counties in N. TX are assigning numbers for your place in line. Friend of mine is #122,231

Old 02-01-2021, 07:41 AM

With the new mutated UK SARS / Covid variant associated to be 30% more fatal then the original variant, total US deaths projected to reach a half a million deaths (total) in 3 weeks, long term (possibly permanent) neurological and other effects showing even for those who fully recover (sometimes showing up randomly after months of absolutely no symptoms), something needs to be done to produce more vaccines and get them to all US citizens and in short order.

The incoming SARS / Covid variant is refered to as a "Cat 5 hurricane".

From the Guardian (a non US) worldwide respected news outlet:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-strain-spread

Old 02-01-2021, 07:55 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
With the new mutated UK SARS / Covid variant associated to be 30% more fatal then the original variant, total US deaths projected to reach a half a million deaths (total) in 3 weeks, long term (possibly permanent) neurological and other effects showing even for those who fully recover (sometimes showing up randomly after months of absolutely no symptoms), something needs to be done to produce more vaccines and get them to all US citizens and in short order.

The incoming SARS / Covid variant is refered to as a "Cat 5 hurricane".

From the Guardian (a non US) worldwide respected news outlet:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-strain-spread
The problem is not everyone is willing to take the vaccines so early on. Many people have told me they want to wait to see if others drop dead first.

Old 02-02-2021, 06:29 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,864 times
Our company found vaccine available in West Texas. We flew some older executives to get the vaccination. We were not the only ones flying in. On the ramp were three Mexico registered aircraft.

It seem that it is not an isolated event.

We can’t get vaccinated in San Antonio while non citizens are taking our supply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio