Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 AM

8 posts, read 13,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Interesting! As a film student from UT-Austin and involved in several film productions myself, I think this is very interesting....but I just don't have the confidence that it will be too successful. They will need to constantly have productions going on. After the slowdown of 2003, I don't see how Texas can keep crankin' e'm out. I hope I'm wrong.

You are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 10:10 AM

8 posts, read 13,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I wonder how the investors from Dubai are doing these days. Dubai is billions of dollars less wealthy today than it was 20 months ago when this thread opened. If their funding is essential to the project, the project may be in trouble.

It's not. The government is in troubel not large investors.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:40 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,563,743 times
I think people in SA are used to things being hyped up and not what they expected. I am with you all on that, but this is something that we can't afford to have fail. It would either boost our city or be a complete waist and I am sure the city understands that with all the money and investors going with it, it has to work. And at least they are giving high hopes for it, that means they want it to go somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio