Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,589,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
they get a hefty $10K+ fine, loss of TDL, jail time...what else do you want? 4 is a low level felony.

how about states like Florida where a DWI is a $250-500 fine and a night in jail. it is hefty already. if all of you have a problem i suggest you form a group and head on down to city hall and get yourself heard because your police chief feels the same way you do, but lacks the support he needs. i was there speaking on behalf of my community, but i didnt see any of you there.

show up or shut up
How many council members were listening when you were talking? My dad used to go to the council meeting on Thursdays and always come home infuriated because he said while citizen were addressing council the council people were talking on there cell phones, talking to each other, playing games or texting or just staring off into space. You got your alloted time but no one was listening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 11:34 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
they should call them out and ask them why they aren't paying attention. Be respectful, even though it's hard to do around rude, pompous a$$es like that, and see what they say.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:47 AM

They would probably say something like "Your almost out of time" as they look at the clock. "Be assured, I'm listening, now go on. Opps, sorry your time is up. Next."

Old 08-07-2008, 04:55 PM

cracks me up how they think they're some super, über powerful person with some sort of value that places them far above the gathered peons.

It's probably a good thing I don't live in the city..

Old 08-07-2008, 11:14 PM

504 posts, read 1,457,604 times
i was there today. there were 3 serious speakers and another 9 of which one sang "i been workin on the railroad", another said a prayer, but forgot it, another sang "amazing grace", another asked "why persue illegal aliens, when they can fly away so easily", etc...

if you ask them to listen politely, they will, but many people do not have the guts to say it. the ones i have seen that do get the respect.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 AM

never even thought of the freak angle. I suppose it would get old listening to all the people that go there while they're on a break from the public access channel. I occasionally check out that channel to see what freak is on. Never really understood why people do that, especially the VERY strange ones.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
i was there today. there were 3 serious speakers and another 9 of which one sang "i been workin on the railroad", another said a prayer, but forgot it, another sang "amazing grace", another asked "why persue illegal aliens, when they can fly away so easily", etc...

if you ask them to listen politely, they will, but many people do not have the guts to say it. the ones i have seen that do get the respect.
Why did they let that turn into the Gong Show. My dad never mentioned anything like that. I'm a firm believer of freedom of speech but addressing city councle should be limited to pertinent content. This ain't a talent show. With all of the serious issues that this city must deal with they let people come down there to do an act? Who in the #### is in charge down there.

Maybe we need one of those trap doors behind the podium that opens up when the mayor pulls the lever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio