Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:14 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,300,658 times

Advertisements

Tell your daughter that back one is Very nice looking. I have to wait until I get home to see the Photobucket one though. Stupid filters at work try to take away all the fun.
So where is this Dandyland place?
There seems to be a lot of talent here in SA. I have yet to see anything that doesn't look good. Although my daughter's first one is kinda not so great, but it's mostly because it was really small because she didn't want to make too big of a mistake if she regreted it.. She won't cover it up though because she's too sentimental
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 02:26 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,473,201 times
dandyland is on bandera rd --- inside loop 410 --- if you are coming from 410 it is on the rt hand side before you get to hillcrest

jules --- yes, lorraine is great --- she was awesome to work with --- like i said, she almost seems to have soft hand or something because she doesn't seem to hurt you --- she is wonderful with detail and blending colors --- my husband had her do his tat after he saw the work she did on mine --- he was very pleased with her as well --- here is a pic of his tat back when our son was born, almost 2 yrs ago --- sorry, i don't have a better or bigger pic of his tat --- his is of an eagle that appears to be ripping thru his skin with the american flag behind it --- the pic does not do it justice --- the shadowing work she did on it is amazing --- the colors are still very very bright and vibrant --- he plans on going back to her as well for his next one...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/mrt2002/P1010249.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-28-2008, 02:39 PM

I love the tearing and can't wait to see that one. I need to find a link to my next one because it's seriously NSFW.. I posted it in OT and it has survived so far, but I don't want to press my luck and post it down here. I personally find it easy to look beyond the NSFW part and see it for a very creative piece of art, but I'm sure not everyone can..

Old 04-28-2008, 03:25 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,439,326 times
I have 5 myself...all from Body Art. The first one I got is a butterfly draped over a quarter moon (don't ask...I just liked how it looked) on my right shoulder, then a bird in flight (when my desire for freedom was its strongest) on my left shoulder, a little purple cartoon bunny on my upper inner right thigh (Y'all can use your imaginations to figure the meaning of that one), an Aztec sun on my upper left chest (the sun represents truth and light) and the last one is a lion's head with a crown on my right hip (that meaning will remain private).

I'm still looking to get a lotus blossom at some point, but want to go back to Body Art to have it done.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:12 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,826,951 times
I've got two. Tried finding my pics of the latest one, but can't get to them for some reason. And it's not likely anyone will be snapping a photo of that side of me any time soon !
So, my first one is old and faded and reminescent of my youth as a Sailor stationed in Spain. It's an anchor with a rose and it's really faded and it's hiding my one and only stretch mark my son gave me! I've often thought of having it re-touched, but truth be told, it's kinda growing on me. And as I reach the end of my Sailor days, it's kinda fitting that it's fading.
The second is much more spectacular and I hope I can find that photo. It is on my lower back below my waist. It was a 3-hr job in Las Vegas and yes, it was VERY intentional and planned for.
It's a sunshine and water kinda thing with some tribal work, too. Lots of personal meaning.
I can say that the two experiences were GREATLY different. The first was done by a Spanish artist who really didn't care if I was, uh..."all together there" during the process. Granted, it is about the size of a silver dollar and only took 20 minutes. The second one was more like having an out-patient procedure done at a clinic. Very sterile, very professional, and VERY expensive! That one satisfied my need for a while, to the point that I thought it may be my last. But the itch is there...

Old 04-28-2008, 06:14 PM

ah ha, the itch is spreading..

I hope you find that picture, it sounds really interesting..

Old 04-28-2008, 10:27 PM

I can finally see the ones that were blocked. I especially like the eagle tearing through the skin and the overall theme of it.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:15 PM

40 posts, read 134,778 times
im pretty heavily tattooed.

here's a pic of my chest tattoo. i have tattoos on both arms, a huge jellyfish that goes all down my back, stocking seams tattooed down the back of my legs, a 50's style pin up on my left thigh and swallows on my lower back

Old 05-23-2008, 10:12 PM

898 posts, read 2,886,108 times
that chest tat is awesome. I would like to get one, but havent gotten the nerve yet. I think I will by next year. I'd like to get a tat of the rock band KISS. I've been a fan since the age of 8. so I know i wouldn't regret it.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:15 PM

I'm home and can finally see the picture and it looks really nice. Please feel free to post more and hopefully others will too. I hope to have my third one within a week or two and then I'll have to decide what the fourth one is going to be.
I'm not totally addicted yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio