Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 03:43 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times

Advertisements

A lot of artists come from there, so they obviously have talent. The problem is knowing who has the talent and who will be flipping burgers next week. It's best to get a recommendation from someone and see if you like the work they have. All of mine (except the one that's covered up) came from Mark @ Absolute behind Ingram. I have also had quite a few friends and aquaintances go there and everyone was happy with the results. A
Another good thing is to visit a shop and get a vibe from it. Some places you just don't feel right and that's obviously your choice. Next is to check out their portfolio and if they don't have one, leave quickly. That was how I found Mark in the first place. I started out by going through SA artists online and then picked a location in my area. It's definitely scarey at first, because so much is riding on it, but you have to take a leap of faith sometimes.

Do you have any better shots SVG? Those thumbnails are pretty small for my bad eyes. I like the idea of both of them, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
A lot of artists come from there, so they obviously have talent. The problem is knowing who has the talent and who will be flipping burgers next week. It's best to get a recommendation from someone and see if you like the work they have. All of mine (except the one that's covered up) came from Mark @ Absolute behind Ingram. I have also had quite a few friends and aquaintances go there and everyone was happy with the results. A
Another good thing is to visit a shop and get a vibe from it. Some places you just don't feel right and that's obviously your choice. Next is to check out their portfolio and if they don't have one, leave quickly. That was how I found Mark in the first place. I started out by going through SA artists online and then picked a location in my area. It's definitely scarey at first, because so much is riding on it, but you have to take a leap of faith sometimes.

Do you have any better shots SVG? Those thumbnails are pretty small for my bad eyes. I like the idea of both of them, though.
Not at the moment RD, but I loved them both! Its going to be a while those deisings are actually from a site, but I dont want to pay full price for them, what I do is Email the artist and ask him to sell them for me on the side. usually they charged anywhere from nothing to 5 bucks which is reasonable, they took the time to draw it. I am confident about the assasin piece though as Mark specializes in gray shading.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:23 AM

yeah, he'll do a real good job on it and we'll be waiting for you to share it with the rest of us. That should also keep him busy for quite a few hours with the detail. I think I've found an idea for my last piece on my right arm. It's by the same artist that did Flowers in the Attic, Jason Byron Nelson. It's called Stay and is on this page: GUTTER PARK
Every time I look at it I change my mind on whether or not I like it, so this will probably take a while.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
rd, those are some pretty powerful pieces on there! "Bully" is particularly .....uuuu... almost disturbing. Anyway, "Stay" is definitely a piece that draws you in, makes you want to really observe it. Seems to me that maybe it has some true life significance for you?????

Old 11-19-2008, 08:09 AM

I think there's at least two ways of seeing it and I'm going with the everything is slowly going away view. The other tattoo I'm thinking of has that same theme. We're basically born here and immediately start our departure. Makes it easier to say "go for it" when you look at things that way.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:27 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
hmmmmm..... yeah. What I saw in it was a dad holding his daughter, and knowing that she needs to spread her wings and go out on her own, and actually WANTING her to, but still....... she's his little girl and he wants to still hold on to her. I think it's bittersweet ~ but more sweet.... and beautiful.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:57 AM

That's the beauty of art. I saw a man and his wife/girlfriend and was debating whether she was leaving him or dying. The thought of a father/daughter never even crossed my mind. How wild

Old 12-05-2008, 08:27 AM

some not so good ink news

Two Bodies Found Near Construction Area | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 PM

20 posts, read 58,154 times
Default Tatted up here too

I have been getting my tattoo work done at Honest Charlie's over off of Fredricksburg and Zarzamora. The prices are reasonable and the work is great. Their motto is "Money Talks, So Speak up". My husband just got some work done there to by a friend of ours named Poison but Charlie and Richard are great. Kat is into doing Aztec pictures and so is Robert. And well Eric does great off the wall freakish type designs. A great mixture of everything...

Old 12-08-2008, 08:05 PM

237 posts, read 601,048 times
Default Article comments/Tat Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post

The comments on that article are pretty crass.

Is this shop known for bad stuff? One of the comments said they need to 'close that shop'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio