Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 08:51 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,306 times

Advertisements

jules, i love your tat...what does it symbolize? --- sorry if i missed this, i didn't read the whole thread...

i told dh i was ready for my 2nd and 3rd and possibly 4th --- my first was a butterfly representing my first dd, the pic is somewhere towards the beginning of this thread --- my 2nd i want a funky looking dragonfly to represent dd2 --- the 3rd i want a pistol/revolver for my ds, he is sooo much a pistol...for my 4th i found another butterfly that i LOVE and i must have...

i went to dandyland with lorraine for my 1st and i loved her but she is no longer there and from what i hear it's even harder to get an appt. with her now...

dh knows of a place downtown --- actually it used to be by ingram park mall somewhere --- the place downtown is Rings of Fire on Jefferson Street --- i saw the pics of the artists tattoos and they are amazing...i am hoping to get a few of mine done in the next couple of weeks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 05:05 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
the pain turns into pleasure as the addiction increases. It's hard to explain, but it's true

Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 AM

237 posts, read 600,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
the pain turns into pleasure as the addiction increases. It's hard to explain, but it's true

It is hard to explain. When I was getting my back done, I was calm, chewing my gum, talking to the artist, making a grocery list in my head....

The poor Navy guy next to me (at any given session) is making the 'O' face, and not in a good way. LOL

I feel the same about a few of my piercings.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:30 PM

okay, my next tat is scheduled for March 29th at Element with Laraine...i can't wait!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 07:07 PM

we expect pictures on the 30th

what's it going to be? and is there a story that goes along with it?

Old 02-28-2009, 08:02 PM

ok, pictures, check....

dh went back to element to give a deposit for the tat time and told him to have them write me in for 2 appt times that day ... so i'll be getting 2 done by her...

just your typical girly tats ... 1 butterfly and 1 dragonfly...

my first tat, back on page 1 or 2 of this thread, is of a butterfly with a flower in the middle ... it represents our first daughter --- she was born on the first day of spring, hence the flower in the middle...and we have always called her a butterly 'cause she literally just kind of floats to a her music...she just kind of goes with the flow, floating along, doing her own thing...it just fits her personality...

so my 2nd tat is going to be a real dainty profile of a dragonfly on the top of my rt foot --- this one will represent our 2nd daughter whose personality is very much that of a dragonfly ... non stop, one second she is hear the next she is there --- always running around, never sitting still ... we were outside one day at our old house and she saw a dragonfly and said "look mommy, that bug won't sit still ... it's just like me" --- so i though the dragonfly would be perfect for her...

for our son i still haven't decided yet --- that's why i'm not getting his done that day --- i was gonna get a little revolver because he is such a pistol --- my dad actually said one day "man that little boy, he's a pistol" and it stuck ... so i thought that would be good, but i'm not sold on it yet...

then the other day i found a profile tat of a butterfly with real whispy, feathery wings and i loved it...so i am going to get that one done as well...

dh and i were going to go to rings of fire downtown with this artist called cheese...he does awesome work, but it's all gorey type things...and he does them in all different colors...they really are good but i just don't feel comfortable asking him to do a dragonfly and butterfly after he's just done a bride of chucky thing on someone else...

Old 02-28-2009, 10:28 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
I find that the pain lessens if you chat with the artist, but you also take a risk you might get him distracted. Usually before I get mine I spend about an hour talking to mark and steve (I always am the first customer in the mornings) but I find the itching pain relaxing! I guess I might have some problems :ugh

Old 02-28-2009, 10:31 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post

I could of sworn some chick was well pleasured' kinda made me snniker a little.

Kinda reminded me of that cow from family guy, that was getting millked in the morning. ohh and the one that was getting branded LOL

Old 03-01-2009, 05:37 AM

Does this Cheese person have a web site? I'm kinda into the gorey ones.. I need some more color too, especially purple. I think it's been a few months since I got my last one, so I'm starting to itch a little

Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 AM

hey rd --- okay --- i have decided for sure that on the 29th of march i am getting the profile of a dragonfly for sure ...

and i have nix'ed the profile butterfly --- i have always loved the lotus flowers and cherry blossoms --- i never even thought of them as a tattoo on me but i loved them on others --- anyway, last night i looked up the meaning of both --- they are PERFECT to represent my son --- not his personality but in other ways ---

the chinese meaning of the cherry blossom is that of female strength and love --- my son's labor was done completely natural, not by choice ... i had to draw on my strength to get thru all that pain and the love you feel for your child, well, that is indescribable...

the lotus has even more meaning since i went thru some postpartum with my son, something i had never experience with my 2 girls --- i never sought help, but only because i didn't realize i was going thru it --- but with prayer i was able to come thru it like a champ and well, the story of the lotus reminds me of that very much --- the flower starts out in the mud and muck, like my postpartum did, but once it hits the waters surface, it blooms and is beautiful and once i broke out of the postpartum my relationship with my son blossomed into something beautiful ---

so there's my story, i know you really like the meaning behind tat's so i wanted to share that with you...

as for cheese --- yes, he does have a website --- actually the tattoo shop has a myspace page --- --- if you check out shaggy's pics, he is good also, he did the blue butterfly i wanted but am not getting after all --- chuy & cheese are both into gore and zombie type stuff --- shaggy doesn't seem so much into that stuff --- lemme know what you think ...

here is the link...
Myspace.com - Rings of Fire Tattoos (Downtown) Photo Albums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio