Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:46 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,543,585 times

Advertisements

Man! I bet that really hurt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 PM

28 posts, read 79,407 times
Default Tattoo help!

Well I've fought it all I could, I think its time to get some new ink! I've decided on what I want (fu dog) but not where to go. Any help from some fellow ink fiends out there would be appreciated. I want an artist thats good with color and, of course, will not charge me my first born. I've grown pretty fond of her. I originally wanted Loraine @ Element but she seems like shes pretty hard to get. I've heard good things about Doug Billion and even Honest Charlie. Any info on these or anybody else (quality, price, etc) and I would be most grateful. Thanks!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 AM

667 posts, read 1,566,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STXLawDawg View Post
Well I've fought it all I could, I think its time to get some new ink! I've decided on what I want (fu dog) but not where to go. Any help from some fellow ink fiends out there would be appreciated. I want an artist thats good with color and, of course, will not charge me my first born. I've grown pretty fond of her. I originally wanted Loraine @ Element but she seems like shes pretty hard to get. I've heard good things about Doug Billion and even Honest Charlie. Any info on these or anybody else (quality, price, etc) and I would be most grateful. Thanks!
I recommend going in and making an appt with Lorraine, she isn't that hard to get. I do not recommend Doug Billion due to the way I was treated by him (you can read through old posts if necessary). Lorraine's work speaks for itself and she's great with color.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:36 AM

28 posts, read 79,407 times
Thanks for the heads up, MPD. Yeah, from the pics, it looks like Lorraine is ridiculously talented. A friend recommended Vince @ Heart of Texas. Seems ok, too. Might check them both out this weekend.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:17 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,118 times
Laraine is WELL known amongst all artists as THE most talented and promising artist in SA. Get something done from her while you can. IJS! Funny, my daughter had one of her first tattoos done by Laraine years ago. Although what she had done is still gorgeous, you can definitely see how crazily Laraine's work has improved! She's insanely talented!!!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:44 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,485,815 times
My 3 and my husbands 2 are from Sweet Laraine... We started with her when she was at Dandyland and followed her when she went to Element... Apx 3 years ago it took about 4-6 weeks to get an appt. with her, but well worth the wait... Although I will admit that my 3 are more basic tats that I am sure she does not enjoy doing... Hubs has an eagle that is much more detailed and she free handed our kids names over his heart, she seemed happier doing his tats than mine... LoL

It's funny because when we first went to Laraine, at Dandyland, she was dressed in khakis and a simple T-shirt and had not 1 tat on her... Hubs and I asked about her having tats and she said she didn't have any, and didn't know if she would ever get one... Things have really changed... LoL

Edited to add --- Man, things really have changed... I just saw on Laraine's website that she charges $125 and hour with a minimum of $300... The first tat she ever did for me she only charged $60... She is so insanely talented though that $300 is well worth it, IMO...

Last edited by mrstxcop; 06-02-2012 at 12:58 AM..

Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 AM

581 posts, read 1,187,402 times
Sweet Laraine is the best! She did my leg sleeve as well as my partial on my upper arm. We're meeting up again a few days to plan out the rest of my arm. She also did a few of my friends. She's getting very in demand. In talking with her last, a few weeks ago, she's starting to be very picky on what type of work she does. She LOVES to freestyle and add her own twist on your idea. You can either email or go in and speak with her assistant. Be well versed in what you want. Do your research. Bring pictures and have an open mind because if you really want it, you'll be getting an original work of art. She digs new school and if you want bold, cool color, try to get her. But once you've gotten work from her, she'll be more likely to get in quicker again.

But...I've also gotten a gray scale back piece from Lupe at platinum tattoos. He has a real soft hand and does great work also. I didn't want to throw a lot of color in in that piece so I don't know how his color work is but he's a great artist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio