Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 942,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
I would love those but it just kills me that you have to pay $150-200 for the stands they are on! Come on, couldn't they throw those in for spending the bank on the washer/dryer?
I agree, but the wife has back problems, so they are going to be worth every extra penny for the stands....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 08:21 PM
cwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonLakeMom View Post
I am putting mine ours in Savings. No fun but I gotta!
That is ok, that will be just more money for the bank to loan out. Some one will get to spend that money for you

Old 04-28-2008, 08:23 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,524,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
I would love those but it just kills me that you have to pay $150-200 for the stands they are on! Come on, couldn't they throw those in for spending the bank on the washer/dryer?
Mine is a European model so I perhaps I'm missing something, but are these stands required for them to function? Mine sits on the floor. I don't bend over, I squat to reach in. Good for the legs (gotta thank living in Asia for teaching me to squat properly....)

Old 04-28-2008, 08:34 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,225,501 times
Woohooo! http://bestsmileys.com/money/6.gif (broken link)
http://bestsmileys.com/money/8.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/money/2.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/money/5.gif (broken link)

Old 04-28-2008, 08:48 PM
cwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Mine is a European model so I perhaps I'm missing something, but are these stands required for them to function? Mine sits on the floor. I don't bend over, I squat to reach in. Good for the legs (gotta thank living in Asia for teaching me to squat properly....)
They function without the stands, but with them you dont have bend over or squat. If you have a bad back it does make life easier.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:51 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,524,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh View Post
They function without the stands, but with them you dont have bend over or squat. If you have a bad back it does make life easier.
If you squat right you don't use your back but your legs. Not that I'm saying it's not easier with them...(altho I think it's easier to squat all the way to the floor, then to bend half-way).

I have a hard time with top loaders. I'm short, and I basically have to crawl onto them to get stuff out of the bottom. I love my front loader!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:55 PM

394 posts, read 1,502,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I'm with you Chaka. The stands are nice for not having to bend over, but I definitely don't think they're worth the $$ - plus they are NOT required to function. Actually, without the stands they're at a great height to use them to fold the clothes. We sold our old top-load/front load w/dryer with our house in KY so we plan to buy the energy efficient (and cool looking!) front loaders for our new home (without the stands). Fact is, we've already picked them out and will be getting plain ole white. (LOL). Function and efficiency will be just as good as the fancy colored ones! I do like the steam ones though....but IMO not worth the extra $$$

Old 04-28-2008, 09:06 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,416,892 times
I get no stimulus check, I'm still a dependent...sigh....

Old 04-28-2008, 11:28 PM

45 posts, read 99,083 times
Yup, going directly into savings for the meantime.

I'll probably end up spending it on this summer's tuition/book costs at SAC.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:32 AM

361 posts, read 921,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonLakeMom View Post
I am putting mine ours in Savings. No fun but I gotta!

The purpose is for you to inject it back into the economy to get the economy going.

Of course most of the money will just end up in the pockets of the oil companies.

I get mine next week (I think). My SSN places me as in the second week of direct deposit, and since the moved it up a week, I expect it next week. Still, even with the update, the IRS site is still showing the same shedule they had before they moved up the dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio