Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 06:10 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,776,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
This is the kind of stuff the natives say. Those that have never been face to face with a large city. San Antonio’s numbers only come from how the government has defined the city boundary being so broad and wide.

The point is, people around here say it’s a big city, but having lived in those other places, it’s small town to me.
It is what it is. The numbers are facts. How you feel based off being in other cities isn't.

I get why you think or feel San Antonio is "small town". Based on your post history about San Antonio, it doesn't seem like a good fit for you either.

Also we have plenty of people who move here for better opportunity and low cost of living(which doesn't really exist anymore), yet they want San Antonio to be more like "back home". It just doesn't work that way. Perhaps you gotta suck it up and move a to the bigger city or back to wherever you are considered "native". Opportunity cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 10:34 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
The comment wasn't "greater" Boston - it was Boston. As such, they have fewer than 700,000 inhabitants.....
You can't separate the two.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:38 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Basing cities off just the population without regard for the hundreds of small cities that make up the whole thing is so stupid I can't even fathom that people would consider it. Who knew San Antonio was the second largest city in Texas? I'm going to move to Dallas, I need more of a smaller city feel.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I'm going to move to Dallas, I need more of a smaller city feel.
Please do. You would be happier there unless something is keeping you here in the great city of San Antonio.

Last edited by Azure110; 07-01-2020 at 12:06 PM..

Old 07-06-2020, 11:55 AM

950 posts, read 1,259,526 times
Listen as someone who as lived here off and on since the 1950s (dad was AIrforce, retired out from Randolph AFB in 1975) the area keepsgrowing.Lavernia in Wilson County has grown compared to what it was 20, 30 years ago, so has New braunfels, Schertz, Cibolo,etc. Even expanding with new homes into Castroville in Medina County out USHWY 90.Boerne and Bulverde have really grown too. Recall my dad and sister once saying this whole San Antonio to Austin Corridor will someday just run all together.Been tothe LA area, , Anaheim,etc. on vactions.You can't tell if your in one town or another unless you see Signs for these towns. HOWEVER, if something horrific happens, not talking Covid19, but a reall economic melt down like 2008 , or even worse, a worldwide modern version of the Great Depression my parents lived though, I think a lot of this growth will halt, and the folks who moved here will be driving back home.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:47 AM

216 posts, read 132,274 times
Default Nah,

The relocatees which come to San Antonio do not go back unless they fail - or they are oil field workers.
Whom as suddenly as they appeared for work, disappear. Entire motels, brand new, now sit abandoned south of the City amid the oil fields, due to this phenomenon. It is crazy. Gasoline prices are too good and oil per Bbl. too cheap for now.
Texas has been the best place to be , during a recession. We have been called recession proof.
We'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
Listen as someone who as lived here off and on since the 1950s (dad was AIrforce, retired out from Randolph AFB in 1975) the area keepsgrowing.Lavernia in Wilson County has grown compared to what it was 20, 30 years ago, so has New braunfels, Schertz, Cibolo,etc. Even expanding with new homes into Castroville in Medina County out USHWY 90.Boerne and Bulverde have really grown too. Recall my dad and sister once saying this whole San Antonio to Austin Corridor will someday just run all together.Been tothe LA area, , Anaheim,etc. on vactions.You can't tell if your in one town or another unless you see Signs for these towns. HOWEVER, if something horrific happens, not talking Covid19, but a reall economic melt down like 2008 , or even worse, a worldwide modern version of the Great Depression my parents lived though, I think a lot of this growth will halt, and the folks who moved here will be driving back home.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:59 AM

422 posts, read 756,931 times
When I first moved here I was like "why are there so many school districts?" and then I figured it out...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 07-10-2020, 10:25 AM

4,324 posts, read 7,234,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
When I first moved here I was like "why are there so many school districts?" and then I figured it out...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
You also have to consider how San Antonio has grown, not only population, but extension of city limits. San Antonio isn't surrounded by large independent suburban cities with their own school districts, the way Houston and Dallas are. I think SAISD boundaries are mostly the original COSA limits, with perhaps some expansion decades ago to the NW.

For example, I am just inside NE Loop 410, in NEISD. But NEISD was known as a "County Rural School District" up until the mid-1950s, when city limits expansion and development was creeping into the southern portion of the established rural district. North East High School (the district's only high school), was at what is now the MacArthur campus.

I think the NISD history is similar, where what is now Marshall High was the original Northside High School.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
Not just so many districts but a lot of tal mahal schools because you know everyone wants the best of the best schools.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:47 AM

216 posts, read 132,274 times
Default I,

Shall retain judgement upon these statements until another time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
There is no pandemic. No one has heard a cough or sniffle in the last half year. There is only a globalist bid for power and control, and submission (which is what the mask represents).

The videos strategically released by China pretending to show convulsing bodies on stretchers, people splayed out prone on streets, people falling stiffly forward only to extend their forearms to break their pratfalls--should have alerted any sentient person by now that this is all a lie.

A motorcycle accident death was just coded 'COVID' within the last 48 hours. The New York Times attempted to slip a homicide victim as a 'COVID' death last month in its lugubrious small print list of mostly 80 year olds. People need to stop being played; a lot is at stake in our representative republic. People need to start shaking this hysteria off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio