Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 04:41 PM

361 posts, read 921,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Actually, I think Malaise uses Shatner more for his Denny Crane character from Boston Legal. It's still cheesy!

There is no Denny Crane. There is only Captain Kirk.

Yes I am a nerd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 04:53 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,884,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
You probably could afford her, since she probably takes contingency cases.
I thought she used to do some criminal defense as well--that's what I was referring to. And if her cut on a personal injury case was going to be some ridiculous percentage, I'd probably say I couldn't afford her. They don't all take the same cut--granted they may not all win the same amount either.

**I never pay attention to lawyer commercials.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:29 PM
cjw

125 posts, read 478,053 times
""**I never pay attention to lawyer commercials." I quit watching whatever channel it was that aired the maloney ads in the AM. If I ever hear her voice I change the channel.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,892,838 times
What about Jim Adler..THE Texas Hammer?? haha

Old 04-30-2008, 10:47 PM

791 posts, read 3,947,908 times
Hey, you forgot Roni Deutch! She'll save you from taxes!

So on one end of the spectrum we have Roni, who seems to purposely dress and talk like a man in her commercials, and Marynell Maloney, who sounds like a cross between your mom with a plate cookies after school and your shrink telling you it's ok to "just let it all out". I honestly can't believe anyone would hire any of these lawyers for anything... but it must work since they keep buying more airtime.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,468,967 times
actually my cousin is a judge here in town and says that the Maloney's are pretty tough --- they very rarely lose their cases and they usually get very high awards --- the commercials may be cheesy, but they are very good at what they do --- i don't know if her father is still practicing or not though...

Old 04-30-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
actually my cousin is a judge here in town and says that the Maloney's are pretty tough --- they very rarely lose their cases and they usually get very high awards --- the commercials may be cheesy, but they are very good at what they do --- i don't know if her father is still practicing or not though...
That's what I've heard as well. Although I don't think it's her father, but her father-in-law. Or maybe ex-father-in-law, by now. I think she and her husband were divorcing.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:21 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,468,967 times
you know what sapphire, i think you are right ... i believe it was her father-in-law --- my bad!!!

Old 04-30-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
you know what sapphire, i think you are right ... i believe it was her father-in-law --- my bad!!!
It's all good!

My old instructor at UTSA was a huge fan of hers--she just thought Marynell was awesome, and would go watch her in trials just to see her in action. My teacher thought she had a work ethic that would kill lesser people.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:50 PM

9 posts, read 24,926 times
I've worked on both sides. You are better off not hiring one. ALWAYS read the contract, in the end you will get less than if you settle the claim yourself with the insurance company. Insurance companies do not pay 3 times meds anymore and yet people think they have won the lottery from simple and minor accidents.
Oh and Malaise and Davis split up and now each have their own firms.
I think all of those commercials are ridiculous, especially Marynell's. People are so gullible if they really think they are hiring some 'pitbull' to fight for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio