Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:10 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,014,795 times

Advertisements

In a case like that, I'd just go with that one guy who says he'll HAMMER everyone. After all, who needs justice when you've got a guy who yells and likes to hammer?

I get a kick out of those commercials. Especially when he yells "CALL ME NOW". Of course, if his office is out of Houston, you'll get one of his associates on your case, minus the hammer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 12:27 PM

10 posts, read 29,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
In a case like that, I'd just go with that one guy who says he'll HAMMER everyone. After all, who needs justice when you've got a guy who yells and likes to hammer?

I get a kick out of those commercials. Especially when he yells "CALL ME NOW". Of course, if his office is out of Houston, you'll get one of his associates on your case, minus the hammer.
You'd laugh even more if you heard his Spanish ads. He thinks he's speaking Spanish; trust me, he's not.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM

923 posts, read 1,494,979 times
My mother-in-law, who is a retired school teacher and active in church groups, told me that Pat Maloney Sr. was very active in the community and supported a lot of good causes. Between that, and the Maloney's reputation for toughness, I'd probably pick them if I ever needed a lawyer.

Last edited by chud; 04-28-2010 at 03:21 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,738,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
or the Malaise Law Firm, etc.. Based on their commercials which law firm would you hire or not hire and why? Has anyone actually used one of these?
Sorry! It seems I have been watching waaaay to much daytime TV
You need Jim Adler the TEXAS HAMMER! He's the tough, smart lawyer who fights for yew!

Or this guy who has a horrible CGI tiger in his commercials. If anyone can find the ad for that one on Youtube you're the greatest person ever.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,747,687 times
I had the opportunity to retain Mr. Maloney by joining in a class action lawsuit. Decided not to - he "settled" the suit, garnering each participant about $2,500. I pursued independently, ultimately settling for over 20k. Friends familiar w/him and his ways advised me to go it alone, because they said that he went for the splashy headlines, and a quick settlement that'd maximize his fees for the minimum effort. I'd say they were right.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 PM

1,697 posts, read 4,095,756 times
Marynell is a liberal Democrat, so that keeps her off my list. Wayne Wriight reminds me of a dirty old man, so of the three, I guess I'd go with Steve Benke.

I don't think attorneys should be able to advertise. I consider attorneys that advertise as glorified ambulance chasers.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,383 times
•Malaise (, mal-aze) is a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness, an "out of sorts" feeling, often the first indication of an infection or other disease. Malaise is often defined in medicinal research as a "general feeling of being unwell".

Old 01-28-2011, 09:31 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,803,565 times
Does Maloney still shack up mainly in France, coming only to San Antonio now and then to see clients? I hear she attempts to make it seem as if she's a local, but sneaks in and out of town as she prefers the manse that she bought in the Parisian countryside.

Either way, it's a nice story

BN

PS: That said, I love the Texas Hammer's commercials. He's not quite up there with Miss Cleo, but he's a hometown favorite of mine.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:23 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,844,926 times
She sounds very spacey and New-Agey in her commercials.

I was discussing with my wife how she is also uncharacteristically feminine compared to the stereotypical female lawyer in a power suit trying to make it in a man's world.

Of course many things have changed since the '80s/'90s so I would hope such a stereotype no longer holds true.

Unrelated but I started reading about Hillary Clinton's career and somehow feel more impressed by her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
or the Malaise Law Firm, etc.. Based on their commercials which law firm would you hire or not hire and why? Has anyone actually used one of these?
Sorry! It seems I have been watching waaaay to much daytime TV
Oh, this person will probably not return but it is good advice to stay away from companies who spend a lot on advertisement if that is the only thing you know about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock's Beard View Post
"You deserve respect and justice, so we DEMAND it!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
What about Jim Adler..THE Texas Hammer?
I could hear their voices in my head as I was reading. Unsure if that is a good or bad thing.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:29 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,709,195 times
Wayne Wright recently purchased an area dance hall in Sisterdale and is trying to keep it going. So in my book, he can't be all bad

Lawyer Wayne Wright works to restore dance hall | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio