Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 02:40 PM

9,843 posts, read 13,570,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Wee-bey is a black man.

Edited to add: does that change your woke reply of “privilege”? I bet it did, which is why it went unresponded to.

PS: I’m not white either.
No. It doesn’t. I’ve learned, as a shute woman, to never question someone else’s experience as a different race as mine. If OP has felt those things then she’s felt those things and justifying them is even more harmful then ignoring them.

Old 12-01-2020, 10:50 AM

6,691 posts, read 8,700,872 times
As a white person, I am just guessing the OP doesn't want much of "our kind" wherever he/she lives.

Old 12-01-2020, 12:24 PM

4,361 posts, read 4,548,742 times
With the way Black people and other people of color have been treated in predominately white spaces throughout America people really shouldn't question why anybody would want to seek more diverse areas. No consciously aware Black person want's to deal with constant indirect or direct discrimination/ "unintentional" racist comments/ cultural insensitivity and a whole host of other incidents that come with living in a predominately White area. Don't be upset at OP. Get mad at those White Americans who perpetuate this type of behavior to people of color.

Old 12-01-2020, 01:10 PM

6,219 posts, read 3,532,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
With the way Black people and other people of color have been treated in predominately white spaces throughout America people really shouldn't question why anybody would want to seek more diverse areas. No consciously aware Black person want's to deal with constant indirect or direct discrimination/ "unintentional" racist comments/ cultural insensitivity and a whole host of other incidents that come with living in a predominately White area. Don't be upset at OP. Get mad at those White Americans who perpetuate this type of behavior to people of color.
The better question to ask is "does area have at least X amount of black people?". "Too white" is very arbitrary.

Old 12-01-2020, 01:34 PM

5,580 posts, read 4,835,469 times
Quote:
Thank you for saying this! (Not that is should have been needed to be said...)

Old 12-01-2020, 02:01 PM

3,950 posts, read 2,933,782 times
Quote:
We are upset because what she said is blatantly racist. Is it ok for me too ask if an area is "too black" or "too black washed"? I'm guessing if somebody did (white or asian or hispanic), they would be banned, or at least their thread would be deleted and they would get a refraction. I have gotten refractions for much less.

Old 12-01-2020, 03:40 PM

5,580 posts, read 4,835,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
We are upset because what she said is blatantly racist. Is it ok for me too ask if an area is "too black" or "too black washed"? I'm guessing if somebody did (white or asian or hispanic), they would be banned, or at least their thread would be deleted and they would get a refraction. I have gotten refractions for much less.
I agree I would have phrased her question differently, but as Redlion pointed out, she has a pretty valid reason for asking it. And frankly for an Anglo person to ask if they would be accepted in a predominantly non-Anglo community is a valid question as well, despite the historical imbalance of power; though maybe a better question might be for such a matter, "what can I reasonably do to help ensure that I will be accepted in a non-Anglo community?".

Old 12-01-2020, 08:48 PM

4,361 posts, read 4,548,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Your not moving to an area that’s predominantly Black anyway. Most non black ppl avoid moving to predominantly Black communities until it’s time for gentrification season. Let’s just be honest. What your upset that she’s honest?

Old 12-01-2020, 09:49 PM

6,219 posts, read 3,532,576 times
Quote:
Your not moving to an area that’s predominantly Black anyway. Most non black ppl avoid moving to predominantly Black communities until it’s time for gentrification season. Let’s just be honest. What your upset that she’s honest?
How are we supposed to know OP's standard of "too white" though? It makes more sense to state a specific range of demographics that you would prefer.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:36 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,466,215 times
Assuming that every white person is racist, is not helping racism go away.
Deciding on a neighborhood based on the number of white or black people (or any other ethnicity) that live there, is racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio