Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 03:15 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
^^ A relative of mine works for 311 in SA. They are backed up too with phone calls since most of their employees now work at home (Covid) and are without power/intermittent power themselves and can't make it to the call center because of road conditions. I am sure the same thing applies to CPS, both are being flooded with phone calls.
They weren’t trying to call CPS. They understand CPS has little control over all this. They’re just looking for a warm space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 04:08 PM

6,497 posts, read 7,525,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
They weren’t trying to call CPS. They understand CPS has little control over all this. They’re just looking for a warm space.
I understood what you were saying. I honestly think that CPS should put customers without electricity up in those empty hotel rooms downtown or anywhere in town for that matter.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:56 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Not sure what's going on with CPS. They sent me an email - twice, informing that power to my house (house # and street) has been restored.
In those emails they suggested to contact them back if I am still experiencing outage. This was yesterday early morning.
I went on their website to report outage.
Their website couldn't proceed with my report because
1. They couldn't locate my phone number (I got txt messages from them before)
2. They could not locate my account number (but are sending me utility bill for decades)
3. They could not locate my street in their database!
I took screenshots of those responses. Perhaps I don't exist and should stop paying my bills...

Old 02-17-2021, 06:51 PM

^^ Their data center with customer info is probably also affected by the outage, they just haven't admitted it to the public. How long have you been without power?

https://outagemap.cpsenergy.com/

Rural folks seem to be ok and those along the IH10 corridor in the far North Side. Areas around Randolph, Fort Sam and Lackland also have very little outages.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:39 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Quote:
^^ Their data center with customer info is probably also affected by the outage, they just haven't admitted it to the public. How long have you been without power?

Rural folks seem to be ok and those along the IH10 corridor in the far North Side. Areas around Randolph, Fort Sam and Lackland also have very little outages.
I bet the AFB areas are considered critical load. I’m by the airport in Austin and my only issue has been the internet, but my provider sucks.

Old 02-17-2021, 09:24 PM

Quote:

^^^ that's the main problem. People could get prepared, but they are kept in dark. Literally.

Another heads-up:

Citywide Boil Water Notice Now In Place
As a precautionary measure, SAWS is recommending boiling any water that is used for human consumption until further notice.

Water Outage Map
Due to power issues and other weather-related issues, about 30% of SAWS customers are without service.

https://www.saws.org/update-citywide...ce-outage-map/

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021...-antonio-area/

Old 02-17-2021, 10:34 PM

Some good friends of mine who's SAWS water has been out since Sunday have been literally using snow that then melted in their toilet bowl/basin to flush down their business down.

Our ranch is on well water and electricity has been on the entire time so the well has been working fine, but pipes from the well house to the houses were frozen from Monday until this afternoon. My family finally had hot showers today.

Old 02-18-2021, 01:34 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I bet the AFB areas are considered critical load. I’m by the airport in Austin and my only issue has been the internet, but my provider sucks.
Yes.

Defense, public safety, first responder, and medical facilities are considered essential, and are given highest priority for maintaining continuous service. As to why some residents are also receiving uninterrupted service, while others have been dark for days, the mayor explained the other day on the news that they are on the same circuit as those facilities, according to CPS.
Quote:
Some good friends of mine who's SAWS water has been out since Sunday have been literally using snow that then melted in their toilet bowl/basin to flush down their business down.

Our ranch is on well water and electricity has been on the entire time so the well has been working fine, but pipes from the well house to the houses were frozen from Monday until this afternoon. My family finally had hot showers today.
From what I've been able to ascertain, residents in rural & less-populated areas are faring much better than San Antonio, with regard to electric service.

Old 02-18-2021, 02:08 AM

Graupel!!

Graupel, the oddest winter precipitation. San Antonio, TX
by elnina

Old 02-18-2021, 09:22 AM

Looks like DippinDots ice cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio