U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 02:48 PM

692 posts, read 397,971 times

Advertisements

No draws up to that date (Feb 26) included electric and gas usage during the cold spell. So why make a big deal out of the suspension of the auto draw ?

My withdraws occur on the 11th of the month, still time to stop it. My friendly WFargo bank will dip from savings to cover shortages occurring on the checking account. Thanks a lot. Sill time to move to a new bank with no autodraw anywhere but what a pain that will be.

I can afford what they will likely draw, but there goes my discretionary budget for a few years at least.

Lots of folks who are not paying attention and who cannot afford the hit will be smashed by this next autodraw.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 06:38 PM

6,774 posts, read 10,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resonator View Post
Lots of folks who are not paying attention and who cannot afford the hit will be smashed by this next autodraw.
Since no one knows what those amounts are yet, what's the basis for that statement? I haven't seen any definitive bills for the time in question.

Old 02-25-2021, 07:14 PM

My back of the envelope calculation says I'll be hit for between $6,000 - 14,000.

Probably hear some news on bill size very soon. Like tomorrow.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:18 PM

146 posts, read 143,762 times
Quote:
My back of the envelope calculation says I'll be hit for between $6,000 - 14,000.

Probably hear some news on bill size very soon. Like tomorrow.
I hope you are mistaken about the charges you are facing...at least those that you will see on your next bill. My understanding is that the price you will be charged per KWH was not changed during the recent winter storms...CPS charges for electricity on a fixed price. So you may have used more electric, but not an insane amount that would increase your next bill by thousands of $$$. I also understand that CPS's cost for generating power went up, but they are trying to figure out how (if they are able at all) to pass that cost along to their customer base over the next ten plus years....spreading it out over time. If I am mistaken, please let me know.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:28 PM

3,944 posts, read 4,319,217 times
7 million Texas power customers buy electricity from retail companies and of those only 40,000 customers are not paying a guaranteed rate. It is us in the municipality and Cooperatives that are going to get the pass through.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:35 PM

5,019 posts, read 5,086,348 times
Don't ever do auto pay with unpredictable bills typically water, light and prop taxes!!!! Ever, just pay your bills ahead of time all at once.
My only exception is my phone bill because its ATT prepaid and I know it won't auto pay over a certain amount.

If you have to, claim your debit card stolen immediately. Banks are usually pretty quick to send a replacement.

Old 02-25-2021, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
It is us in the municipality and Cooperatives that are going to get the pass through.
Sorry..I don't understand what this means. Can you elaborate?

Old 02-25-2021, 09:48 PM

yes the rate per kwh can stay fixed
but look out for the fuel surcharge !

Old 02-25-2021, 10:31 PM

Quote:
yes the rate per kwh can stay fixed
but look out for the fuel surcharge !
Agree that this could change moving forward, but don't think you need to worry about that changing in the immediate future. Long story short.....if you get your electricity from CPS, your next bill should fortunately not be as elevated as you suggested in your previous post.

Old 02-26-2021, 06:42 AM

911 posts, read 740,764 times
If you haven’t turned off auto withdrawals by now you’re a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: