Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 10:08 AM

29 posts, read 54,057 times

Advertisements

Hi! Does anyone know if public schools in San Antonio and/or Texas teach a mindset of things like gender identity being fluid and acceptable to change your biological sex to students? I'm reading a book called "When Harry Became Sally" right now and they site how public education is indoctrinating students with these ideas. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 10:16 AM

9,854 posts, read 13,723,294 times
That's Social Emotional Learning and is part of all public school curriculum. It's up to the district's discretion on how they teach those things. You might get a better and broader response in the Texas forum, but I also feel like you're itching for a debate.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:03 PM

29 posts, read 54,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
That's Social Emotional Learning and is part of all public school curriculum. It's up to the district's discretion on how they teach those things. You might get a better and broader response in the Texas forum, but I also feel like you're itching for a debate.
Thank you for letting me know what it's called so I can look up more information! I definitely don't want a debate. I just want information about curriculum and mindset of the education system to help me make informed decisions for my family. Appreciate your response! I think I'll just keep it here on this forum then.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:46 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,763 posts, read 58,180,906 times
Good thing to ask and seek information, and to purpose to match edu to your kids.

Keep all options open, especially those you have not thought of yet. !

All kids and situations are different, but most kids are very resilient and will shine on their own regardless of the harm of EDU situations. Some will tank, (dealing with a friend in TX who had that happen. in spite of best resources and care.

We chose to live internationally and unschool k-8, FT college instead of HS at age 16 (free in our state) 3x / week public service with public schools, elderly, homeless.
Friends did various things, all very successfully.
  • USA kids in Public Schools in strong schooling foreign locations (Singapore, Japan, China, Scandinavia ...)
  • DoDD (Dept of defense schools) all over the globe.
  • Boarding schools (Philippines, South Africa, Hong Kong...)
  • Finishing schools, UK
  • Small island or ranch schools (USA and Canada)
  • Various public and private.

Give your kids a lot of free rein and a lot of responsibility. (as each is able to be stretched out of comfort zone)

Good luck, the few yrs kids are in your home can be well invested (in them). Careers can wait, kids are ... Poof - GONE.
_

Old 04-04-2021, 04:50 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,019,405 times
Alamo Heights would likely have the most conservative curriculum for public schools. Even then it is pretty liberal, of course.

Old 04-16-2021, 05:19 PM

11 posts, read 8,194 times
Great resource: www.TxSchools.gov

Old 04-16-2021, 07:26 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,268,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Alamo Heights would likely have the most conservative curriculum for public schools. Even then it is pretty liberal, of course.
Maybe in 1984. Alamo Heights is not a conservative city anymore, especially compared to the outlying areas and ISDs in Greater SA.

Old 04-19-2021, 04:27 PM

There was a map that showed voting patterns and it is the most conservative part of San Antonio. As is Shavano Park, Castle Hills, etc.

You are comparing small towns to a wealthy enclave? Lol. Of course places in the country are going to be more conservative...

Even the liberals in Alamo Heights are pretty conservative from my experience. I wasn't alive in 1984. I am talking about today.

Old 04-19-2021, 04:29 PM

There was a map that showed voting patterns and it is the most conservative part of San Antonio. As is Shavano Park, Castle Hills, etc.

You are comparing small towns to a wealthy enclave? Lol. Of course places in the country are going to be more conservative...

Even the liberals in Alamo Heights are pretty conservative from my experience. I wasn't alive in 1984. I am talking about today.

Old 04-20-2021, 06:52 PM

87 posts, read 65,024 times
Mindset is this: ( SAISD )

We can help you or not. Your child can be bullied. If we like you, we'll do something. If we don't like you, we won't help you. We have no liability. We do what we feel like. Our services are AS-IS, and our prestigious Alumni include majors, congressmen, and Presidential cabinet members. Your child's life will be what we decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio