Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2020, 04:24 PM

12 posts, read 7,838 times

Advertisements

Has anyone Listen to kens 5:00 news/weather girl?? Her voice drives me nuts ! Does not have a tv voice it Irritates the heck out of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 04:37 PM

52 posts, read 53,920 times
Try KSAT 12. She does not even need to have a voice. I feel bad that the weather doesn't last an hour.

Old 02-09-2020, 09:44 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,773,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil2gas View Post
Has anyone Listen to kens 5:00 news/weather girl?? Her voice drives me nuts ! Does not have a tv voice it Irritates the heck out of me.
No.

Even if I did, I wouldn't jump on the internet to start a new thread about it. Sorry it irritates you enough to drive you to doing that.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:30 PM

56 posts, read 52,097 times
Wait'll you hear "temp-pitcher" 5 times in 5 consecutive sentences. Not for the easily irritated.
(Not in a position to cast stones, just pointing out the humorous part! Am thankful both she & Katy stop short of full "vocal fry/creaky voice".)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6r7LhcHHAc

Last edited by dhsa; 02-09-2020 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: inaccurate wording

Old 12-08-2021, 08:50 AM

56 posts, read 52,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsa View Post
Not for the easily irritated.
(Not in a position to cast stones, just pointing out the humorous part!
(2 years later.) KENS-5 brought in a new weather woman last month, and started a new weather guy last weekend (he's from here so knows how to pronounce local place names already). Stacia Willson left the station after 14 years and moved back to Dallas area to be with parents. Alanna Sarabia returned to SA & started doing Traffic for KENS. Jared Silverman is still working in Baton Rouge. (I became more weather-aware after the April 2016 monster hailstorm knocked out 1000s of windows, roofs, cars, plants etc in my new neighborhood)

Megan M left KENS5 at the end of August for a job at The Weather Channel. I appreciated her wholesome nerdy nice-girl type (over e.g. a hot bimbo continuously flashing cleavage but possessing little technical knowledge).
The way she over-enunciated so many vowels, I had to change the channel after 3 or 4 hundred times. (See OP above.) The short "a" cackle sounds like a cat from Germany hacking up something, ackh-agghh-arrgghh. Wonder where that trend started, or who they're emulating.

https://youtu.be/NHqDMMwUNOU

This weekend she's marrying Andrew Wilson (fellow meteorology student & KENS hiree who departed the station last week to live in Atlanta with her). Congrats to their weather broadcast school Mississippi State Bulldogs on winning their first college baseball national championship this year after beating #2 Texas in the semifinal.

Old 12-31-2021, 07:04 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,118,545 times
So much turnover on the local news departments. If only Jeannette Calle would transfer from news 4 to KSat, you would have the perfect news station.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:25 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,527,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
So much turnover on the local news departments.
Are Paul Venema, Jesse Degollado and Greg Simmons still around? I know Greg is since I saw him on just a few weeks ago on the KSAT 12 Ten O Clock news.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:37 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,229,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Are Paul Venema, Jesse Degollado and Greg Simmons still around? I know Greg is since I saw him on just a few weeks ago on the KSAT 12 Ten O Clock news.
I know Greg is still sportscasting on KSAT. I think Jesse is still there too, at least I saw her reporting recently.

Paul Venema retired earlier this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio