Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 04:46 AM

19 posts, read 25,473 times

Advertisements

HEB is optional
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 04:58 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTx77 View Post
HEB is optional
Company wide or individual store?

I know in Midland customers walk in with a mask and remove it immediately.

Old 05-06-2021, 05:16 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
I don't trust businesses that are not committed to masks for all. I saw what happened when my elderly BIL with a serious heart condition caught the virus from someone. He was in the hospital a few days, then came home. Two days later he was back, admitted with a heart attack. It all went badly after that. Ventilator, etc. Died when his children decided no more interventions. I'd stop shopping at local stores before I'd risk my health like that. Anyone in the store who has the virus and not wearing a mask could be a super spreader.

Old 05-07-2021, 07:34 AM

3,265 posts, read 1,414,368 times
For those of you who choose not to wear a mask and/or support businesses that don’t require them, do you believe that wearing a mask helps prevent the spread of COVID to others? Not making any judgements about beliefs/opinions….just trying to understand what is driving your perspective.

Last edited by WVNomad; 05-07-2021 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: Typi

Old 05-07-2021, 08:41 AM

395 posts, read 1,081,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
For those of you who choose not to wear a mask and/or support businesses that don’t require them, do you believe that wearing a mask helps prevent the spread of COVID to others? Not making any judgements about beliefs/opinions….just trying to understand what is driving your perspective.
Yes, however, at a certain point very soon (perhaps in the next 4 weeks or so) everyone will have had the opportunity to be vaccinated and if they are choosing not to I will choose not to wear a mask for their benefit.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:20 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
OP, Thanks for the list of businesses to avoid!

I should probably start a similar thread in Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I don't trust businesses that are not committed to masks for all. I saw what happened when my elderly BIL with a serious heart condition caught the virus from someone. He was in the hospital a few days, then came home. Two days later he was back, admitted with a heart attack. It all went badly after that. Ventilator, etc. Died when his children decided no more interventions. I'd stop shopping at local stores before I'd risk my health like that. Anyone in the store who has the virus and not wearing a mask could be a super spreader.
Sorry to hear about your BIL!

Although wearing a mask does reduce droplets significantly, social distancing is the main measure to prevent spread. Even here in Houston, people don't try to social distance too because masks have been overemphasized.

Old 05-07-2021, 09:38 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
I love how everyone thinks they know what is best for others. Certainly not going to follow some posting here stating that social distancing is better than masks or the other way around. No one should follow advice given here. Just do what you think is best for yourself and mind your business....including what rules businesses choose to impose should you decide to shop there.

Old 05-07-2021, 10:53 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
I am sorry I started the thread.

At no time did I want to dissuade someone from patronizing a mask optional business.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:13 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
I am sorry I started the thread.

At no time did I want to dissuade someone from patronizing a mask optional business.
I am sorry people had to project their personal opinions on masks. It has been discussed ad nauseam.

This thread would be helpful if it stayed on track about listing businesses that don't require them.

Old 05-07-2021, 02:03 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,987 times
Florio's Pizza, HEB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio