Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 09:37 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Everything I wrote was completely factual…again, no opinions, editorial comments, etc. You do understand: (a) he banned local governments from instituting mask mandates, and (b) he contracted COVID? You are the one making any implications or associations. I’m just reporting the news…you do think people are entitled to all the information that is out there don’t you?
You're being disingenuous. Its clear to everybody what you are doing, and it's not "just posting news"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 04:22 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
My take is I am fully vaccinated and did my part. When the next shot comes I'll do a wait and see because the second dose made me the sickest I have been. (Albeit for 18 hours so I think I can manage)

If the store wants me to wear a mask and I really want in I put it on. That said, we don't need the government to issue a mandate because they know better. (lab debacle anyone) Think of it as an enter at your own risk thing. One thing I am not for is not following the business owners requirement. If you are that jackalope you need to be in trouble in some manner.

WVNomad I'm saying if you want masks to protect you wear the right ones. You can buy the N95 masks in some places and the KN95s everywhere. The later being a China approved version versus the former being the USA standard. Or just do not leave your house until the pandemic is gone.

Also, I'm so over the science followers who only follow it when they feel good about. No one is saying that migrants are causing the problem. What a normal rational person would conclude is if their positive rate was higher than ours before this latest outbreak and now rivals the locals, they are a part of a larger problem. The untrained teenage journalist over at Kens 5 and Ksat12 are doing their best to cover that up in article headlines, but they still seem to provide relevant data that dispels the headlines as usual.

Last edited by rynetwo; 08-18-2021 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Forgot some commas, but I have bad grammar and I know it...

Old 08-20-2021, 06:58 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
There has been reports of some school districts in Texas (Not any in San Antonio that I am aware of) adding masks to school dress code to circumvent the mask mandate ban.

Bottom line is that it should be up to the parents to decide, not the school when it comes to face masks. Just my two cents.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:20 AM

11 posts, read 7,820 times
if you're a private school, you're free to implement mask mandate. but if you're public school, where tax payers are FORCED to pay for it even if the tax payer decides not to enroll their kids to said public school (which I think is a despicable practice, as any other types of COERCION), then it should be up to the parents to decide...mask mandate on top of robbing tax payers is just disgusting...
if school district wants to have more freedom and autonomy, then stop forcing people to pay, make it voluntary, pay or donate to public school voluntarily. you want to keep your freedom and autonomy to implement any policy that you want (including mask mandate)? then you also need to learn to not infringe on others' their autonomy and freedom (by taking their money BY FORCE)...quite simple eh?

Old 12-30-2021, 10:36 AM

658 posts, read 722,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccupiccu View Post
if you're a private school, you're free to implement mask mandate. but if you're public school, where tax payers are FORCED to pay for it even if the tax payer decides not to enroll their kids to said public school (which I think is a despicable practice, as any other types of COERCION), then it should be up to the parents to decide...mask mandate on top of robbing tax payers is just disgusting...
if school district wants to have more freedom and autonomy, then stop forcing people to pay, make it voluntary, pay or donate to public school voluntarily. you want to keep your freedom and autonomy to implement any policy that you want (including mask mandate)? then you also need to learn to not infringe on others' their autonomy and freedom (by taking their money BY FORCE)...quite simple eh?
By not wearing a mask you're infringing on other people's rights to not be possibly infected by a pathogen you may be infected with. The constitution does not protect your right to infect others with potentially deadly infections. It never has. We've never had the freedom to harm one another in the name of individual freedom. If you don't want your kid to wear a mask and protect others, then homeschool your kid. That's a choice right there, that's your freedom right there.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:56 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
By not wearing a mask you're infringing on other people's rights to not be possibly infected by a pathogen you may be infected with. The constitution does not protect your right to infect others with potentially deadly infections. It never has. We've never had the freedom to harm one another in the name of individual freedom. If you don't want your kid to wear a mask and protect others, then homeschool your kid. That's a choice right there, that's your freedom right there.
The masks in question are nowhere near capable of stopping a virus - they're just a symbol of the control politicians can exert over the population, and the lack of critical thinking skills of those that go along with such foolishness.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:48 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,674 times
Public officials Christmas and New Years' advice- same mantra-social distancing, masks.................blah, blah, blah

Want real statistics and information? Go to Metro Health? Oops------Closed for holidays. Nothing since 12/23

Express News Headlines SCREAM 2000 positives in three days.

Behind the headlines

12/27 900+
12/28 500+
12/29 400+

Dr. WilGar. Omicron break between 1/9-1/23, COVID will have run its course.

Too early for ambitious New Years' Resolutions?

Fauci needs to retire.

Nirenberg needs to fix potholes.

Common sense needs to return.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:01 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
Do masks only work one way? If you are wearing your mask then you are protected, right? You worry about you.

Old 01-08-2022, 04:29 PM

3,281 posts, read 1,418,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Do masks only work one way? If you are wearing your mask then you are protected, right? You worry about you.
Well, there is evidence that wearing a mask also protects those around you….that seems to be the concept with regard to requiring everyone to wear a mask on planes and buses. I’m not here to debate the validity of that evidence, (certainly a lot of folks think otherwise) but if one believes that, it explains their concerns about being around others who don’t elect to do so.

In Texas, rightly or wrongly, the state government has taken a hands off approach to requiring masks. The reality of the situation, regardless of your beliefs, is that if you don’t want to be around unmasked people then you need to adjust your behavior by avoiding those situations. I don’t think that is appropriate governance or sensible public health policy, but that’s the way it is.

So, I think you are absolutely right…the best you can do is worry about you.

Old 01-08-2022, 07:57 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
concept with regard to requiring everyone to wear a mask on planes and buses. I’m not here to debate the validity of that evidence, (certainly a lot of folks think otherwise) but if one believes that, it explains their concerns about being around others who don’t elect to do so.
New York and CA both have pretty draconian mask requirements in place. Doesn't seem to have much real positive effect, does it? I've been in controlled environments, and the masks they expect their subjects to wear would get you laughed out of any self-respecting lab in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio