Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 12:42 AM

3,254 posts, read 1,408,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
New York and CA both have pretty draconian mask requirements in place. Doesn't seem to have much real positive effect, does it? I've been in controlled environments, and the masks they expect their subjects to wear would get you laughed out of any self-respecting lab in the world.
As I said, I’m not here to debate the issue..merely pointing out, in what I had hoped was a non-confrontational manner, the evidence regarding the benefits of masking up. As I also said, I fully understand that some folks have little or no confidence in that evidence. Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 02:59 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,687 posts, read 57,985,728 times
Quote:
...I've been in controlled environments, and the masks they expect their subjects to wear would get you laughed out of any self-respecting lab in the world.
and... The purpose of masks in controlled environments and labs is to PROTECT the wearer? Correct?

That is NOT the purpose of masks for Pandemics / Covid. (since Feb 2020)

I did see a few people wearing Z shields yesterday, Gravitational entrapment of spew. They are actually quite small, but far superior to typical face shields for what we are trying to contain with Covid. Those with medical excuses for not wearing masks SHOULD be using a z-shield or similar. (For the benefit of others, not themselves)

Old 01-09-2022, 03:06 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,687 posts, read 57,985,728 times
Texas is not winning (yet) in the recent Covid outbreaks. 3rd place in cases, 2nd place in deaths.
Should be NO 'community spread' cases in Texas, since it is still warm enough to be outside. NY / Snow belt States and HIGH senior population (AZ, FL, and CA) have reason to leap ahead of TX.

But, TX can still WIN. There is time left. (for those who have not yet been killed)

Old 01-09-2022, 07:16 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,227,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Texas is not winning (yet) in the recent Covid outbreaks. 3rd place in cases, 2nd place in deaths.
And Texas is the 2nd most populous state. It stands to reason Texas would be near the top of the list, as far as actual numbers go.

Looking at the latest CDC stats for US states & territories, Texas ranks about 16th in COVID-positive numbers per 100,000, and more importantly, about 36th in deaths per 100,000.

Old 01-09-2022, 03:23 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,826,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Should be NO 'community spread' cases in Texas, since it is still warm enough to be outside. NY / Snow belt States and HIGH senior population (AZ, FL, and CA) have reason to leap ahead of TX.

But, TX can still WIN. There is time left. (for those who have not yet been killed)
So....you think it's okay to so blithely talk about people dying? Wow...you're a real winner, yourself.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
So....you think it's okay to so blithely talk about people dying? Wow...you're a real winner, yourself.
If you are an individual that believes vaccinations, masking, social distancing, etc. are effective means to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, then its pretty clear that the comments are more reflective of his/her frustration that the number of deaths and hospitalizations are higher than what they need to be. With all of the heated rhetoric on both sides, it really isn’t surprising to see a sarcastic or cynical characterization of the situation. I’ve certainly been guilty of less than kind statements in this regard. We are human. These are challenging times. People feel strongly about their positions…..its pretty clear that at this point, there aren’t very many people who are going to change their position from pro-mask/vaccine to anti-mask/vaccine (or vice versa) under any circumstances.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:54 PM

I get that part....yet as I look across the "science", I honestly don't see a lot of it. Folks seem to have forgotten that the vaccine manufacturers were give carte blanche "Hold Harmless" agreements....and despite multiple injections, folks continue to get the disease.
Rather than blaming each other, when are folks going to start realizing that there's something wrong with the process itself?

Old 01-09-2022, 09:21 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,009,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
If you are an individual that believes vaccinations, masking, social distancing, etc. are effective means to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, then its pretty clear that the comments are more reflective of his/her frustration that the number of deaths and hospitalizations are higher than what they need to be. With all of the heated rhetoric on both sides, it really isn’t surprising to see a sarcastic or cynical characterization of the situation. I’ve certainly been guilty of less than kind statements in this regard. We are human. These are challenging times. People feel strongly about their positions…..its pretty clear that at this point, there aren’t very many people who are going to change their position from pro-mask/vaccine to anti-mask/vaccine (or vice versa) under any circumstances.
I dont know. I have had both shots and booster.. I am now on my third.. yes count it.. third bout of covid 19. I have done everything to include masking up, spraying the crap out of my hands, washing all the time and have still managed to get it yet again. This time I went out one time in 4 weeks and I went to a car dealer ship to drop my car off for an oil change.. Thats all I did.. I am about to go from a Stance of go get your shot to Screw the shot/mask process cause the crap doesnt work anyways.

Old 01-09-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I dont know. I have had both shots and booster.. I am now on my third.. yes count it.. third bout of covid 19.
My friend, I don't know what to say! I can't imagine going through it THREE times! At this point, it would SEEM that your own antibodies should be helping combat this for you. Please accept my most sincere hope that this will be the last time you'll fall victim to this!!

Old 01-10-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I get that part....yet as I look across the "science", I honestly don't see a lot of it. Folks seem to have forgotten that the vaccine manufacturers were give carte blanche "Hold Harmless" agreements....and despite multiple injections, folks continue to get the disease.
Rather than blaming each other, when are folks going to start realizing that there's something wrong with the process itself?
Well, I’m not going to argue with you about there being something wrong with the process….the folks (like myself) who are comfortable with vaccinations, masking, etc. believe the process is fine. I know you feel otherwise.

My reading of the totality of the evidence is that vaccines are the best approach to mitigate infection, hospitalization, and death. Are they 100% effective, of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio