Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 09:47 AM

3,322 posts, read 1,437,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I dont know. I have had both shots and booster.. I am now on my third.. yes count it.. third bout of covid 19. I have done everything to include masking up, spraying the crap out of my hands, washing all the time and have still managed to get it yet again. This time I went out one time in 4 weeks and I went to a car dealer ship to drop my car off for an oil change.. Thats all I did.. I am about to go from a Stance of go get your shot to Screw the shot/mask process cause the crap doesnt work anyways.
I’m sorry you had to deal with multiple bouts of Covid. We obviously don’t know what would have happened had you not been vaccinated, but there is ample evidence that vaccination reduces the likelihood of hospitalization and death. You didn’t say, but I am assuming (hoping) all things considered you came out ok after the infection ran its course. I’m not trying to minimize the fact you got sick, but just asking you consider the possibilities of getting sick in the absence of being vaccinated. I hope you don’t have to deal with this again.

Last edited by WVNomad; 01-10-2022 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 10:59 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,791,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I dont know. I have had both shots and booster.. I am now on my third.. yes count it.. third bout of covid 19. I have done everything to include masking up, spraying the crap out of my hands, washing all the time and have still managed to get it yet again. This time I went out one time in 4 weeks and I went to a car dealer ship to drop my car off for an oil change.. Thats all I did.. I am about to go from a Stance of go get your shot to Screw the shot/mask process cause the crap doesnt work anyways.
I feel the same way also at this point. There really isn't a lot you can do unless you never, ever leave your house and never allow visitors. I do regret getting the vaccine at this point and won't be getting any more going forward.

It should be a choice, not mandate (to be a sheep).

Old 01-10-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I feel the same way also at this point. There really isn't a lot you can do unless you never, ever leave your house and never allow visitors. I do regret getting the vaccine at this point and won't be getting any more going forward.

It should be a choice, not mandate (to be a sheep).
While one can’t prove a negative, I would continue to encourage folks to keep in mind what I posted above. That while one may have contracted Covid while vaccinated, consider the possibilities of contracting Covid while unvaccinated. It’s not unreasonable to think the consequences of the later are far worse than the former.

Old 01-10-2022, 01:13 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,791,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
While one can’t prove a negative, I would continue to encourage folks to keep in mind what I posted above. That while one may have contracted Covid while vaccinated, consider the possibilities of contracting Covid while unvaccinated. It’s not unreasonable to think the consequences of the later are far worse than the former.
Ah yes.....the benefits of being vaccinated vs not vaccinated. What vaccine to use? How many times you need to get re-jabbed?

It is also not unreasonable to think Moderna suggesting that some people needing the 4th shot in the fall since covid vaccines started as pretty crazy and suspect.

Old 01-10-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Ah yes.....the benefits of being vaccinated vs not vaccinated. What vaccine to use? How many times you need to get re-jabbed?

It is also not unreasonable to think Moderna suggesting that some people needing the 4th shot in the fall since covid vaccines started as pretty crazy and suspect.
I guess if you believe there is no evidence that being vaccinated helps to reduce the severity of contracting Covid, then you are correct. There is no reason to get vaccinated.

Regarding the number of shots, etc., I’m honestly not sure what you are trying to imply. If you agree with the CDC vaccination guidelines they are quite clear. Three shots of Pfizer or Moderna, or 1 shot of J&J and one shot of either Moderna or Pfizer as a booster. The guidelines are pretty simple and straightforward, assuming you believe what the CDC is recommending. If you don’t believe the CDC, then obviously one is left on their own about whether to get vaccinated and in what combination/number of shots to do so.

I think you are being unfair about the vaccines starting as “pretty crazy and suspect”. Things have changed, but the vaccines were developed for the initial Covid strain, and then adjustments had to be made based on the delta and omicron mutations. The mRNA vaccines were always envisioned to be two shots…so the only change recommended by the CDC has been to add a single booster. And, yes, that could change as well depending on future events.

If you have determined that the vaccines aren’t for you, that’s fine. I’m confident at this point nobody is going to change your mind (not will they change my mind about getting vaccinated). I think, however, your criticisms re shot numbers and vaccine choices are misleading. Again, if you don’t trust what the CDC is saying, I would have to agree with you…I certainly wouldn’t be knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision.

Last edited by WVNomad; 01-10-2022 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 01-10-2022, 06:00 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,413,401 times
https://www.theblaze.com/news/cdc-di...e%20Daily%20PM

The article speaks for itself.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
This was interesting. I would add a couple of things that that the piece does not address. Death is certainly an important measure, but it is not the only one….I know I’m not telling you anything new, but individuals who contract Covid can end up with longer term health consequences….so called “Long Covid”. With increases in hospitalizations, some states and localities are having to restrict access to medical services to deal with space and staffing limitations. Again, not an ideal situation. There is obviously the economic costs to illness….canceled flights, supply chain issues (likely contributing to inflation), etc. The other thing that is material is that the more people who get infected, the greater the chance another variant will emerge….who knows what that might bring…more contagious/more deadly, or maybe neither. I’d rather not find out.

Thanks for sharing the link.

Old 01-11-2022, 08:33 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,413,401 times
The curtain is starting to be pulled back.

To the nearest ten trillion dollars, what is the financial cost to our economy?

The number of failed businesses and failed dreams....

Alcohol and drug addiction

Failed relationships

Domestic abuse

Number of deaths because off label , but effective therapies were banned

Wonder if the makers of HCQ invite Fauci or the CDC to junkets at the Four Seasons for speeches?

People are starting to follow the money.

When all is exposed, a sorrier chapter in our country may have never been written.

At the start of the pandemic, the Express News would report on fatalities to include age and whether underlying heath issues were present. This soon ended.

So much complicity.

Old 01-11-2022, 09:22 AM

Quote:
The curtain is starting to be pulled back.

To the nearest ten trillion dollars, what is the financial cost to our economy?

The number of failed businesses and failed dreams....

Alcohol and drug addiction

Failed relationships

Domestic abuse

Number of deaths because off label , but effective therapies were banned

Wonder if the makers of HCQ invite Fauci or the CDC to junkets at the Four Seasons for speeches?

People are starting to follow the money.

When all is exposed, a sorrier chapter in our country may have never been written.

At the start of the pandemic, the Express News would report on fatalities to include age and whether underlying heath issues were present. This soon ended.

So much complicity.
Some of your concerns seem plausible to me…I don’t know the extent of all of them, but I could see how some of them would be the result of some of the public health initiatives to mitigate Covid. You seem to think that many (maybe all) of the policies implemented are based on some conspiracy to secure money, privilege, power, control by pharmaceutical companies, government officials, etc. I don’t know how to respond as your thinking is very contrary to my own observations. I think the best we can do is hopefully agree that everyone wants to get beyond Covid and return to a more “normal” life.

Old 01-11-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I saw this today…shows the impact of Covid on our ability to treat patients in need of care:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/11/healt...day/index.html

It reads in part: “ The number of US patients hospitalized with Covid-19 has hit a record high -- adding strain to health care networks and pushing states toward emergency staffing and other measures as they struggle to cope. More than 145,900 people were in US hospitals with Covid-19 as of Tuesday -- surpassing the previous peak from January 2021, and more than twice as many as two weeks ago, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services. The previous peak was 142,246, on January 14, 2021, according to HHS. During the Delta-variant surge over the summer, the number peaked at about 104,000 on September 1.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio