Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 11:27 AM

6,691 posts, read 8,699,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
I agree. We even have one guy (prostitute) on here posting. Long after he was outed, he changed his user name. He still posts here. Sleazy profession for the provider and customer, but I guess someone
is going to do it. I don't like using taxpayer money for the effort either.
Yeah, there is nothing glamorous or noble about it whether you find your customers on SW Military or in Asia somewhere. Only difference is that the local cops are out to get you here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 11:41 AM

658 posts, read 714,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Plenty of trafficking in other professions; restaurant, nanny, nail salons, agricultural etc...

Let's start making those professions illegal as well? Of course not....

Plenty of sex workers that are not trafficked. Just like many in those professions are also not trafficked. But only prostitution and only prostitution is actually made illegal.

There is only one reason that prostitution is illegal because of societies judgement against them; no more no less. The whole traffic argument is just an excuse too keep it illegal; even for two consenting adults. You fight human trafficking (not just sex trafficking) by addressing it as a labor issue. To do so, you need to regulate that labor which mean recognizing it as a labor type...

With that said, there are many customers that are law enforcement. Its a risk on the sex workers part because of the leverage they have over them but most aren't interested in causing trouble. Practically every officer I've run into is does not care about prostitution BUT they do have a job to do. This officer in the article was just the unfortunately in the wrong place at the wrong time being caught up in a sting. No way to cover that up. No way to be discreet. Just like street prostitution (which I am against) brings unwanted attention, the police will only act if someone reports it.... police generally have better things to do.
I guess if prostitution were regulated they could have a lot of nice taxes imposed and mandates to getting tested for disease (public health interests) and all kinds of ways the government can dip into their earnings like they do with everyone else. They'd have to rent spaces, carry insurance and maybe we can even institute licensing. Then labor laws would also apply and safe working conditions.

Old 01-12-2022, 01:05 AM

187 posts, read 939,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I never really understood why LE run these prostitution stings as long both parties are adults. Do they get bored?
Unbelievable!! Its a felony. Good lord people have gone mad.

Old 01-12-2022, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Maybe it's because sex workers are likely to be trafficked.

I do think legalizing it and adding government oversight like mandatory medical exams would be a better use of resources than running stings like this.

100% a farce. Well 98%

LE has been calling simple prostitution 'trafficking' to justify using funds for this 'crime' which most dont agree with.

Just like in this thread people dont like to hear time or money wasted on consenting adult behaviour.

In foreign countries its an issue. In the US they call prostitution cases 'trafficking'.

Trafficking in the US is far far more difficult. Taking people through US airports against their will?

Old 01-12-2022, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
I guess if prostitution were regulated they could have a lot of nice taxes imposed and mandates to getting tested for disease (public health interests) and all kinds of ways the government can dip into their earnings like they do with everyone else. They'd have to rent spaces, carry insurance and maybe we can even institute licensing. Then labor laws would also apply and safe working conditions.
100% Agreed.

Your opinion and mine are why we hear about 'trafficking' now. Since public sentiment is mostly against prosecuting prostitution, the war on drugs has failed, LE needs cases to pursue.

Making prostitution arrests upsets taxpayers and the community.

Making 'trafficking!' arrests is a fine way to spend taxpayer funds. Problem is trafficking is very rare. Well actually trafficking.

See theyre expanding the definition of trafficking to call more acts trafficking instead of prostitution.

You saw the same prostitute three times? Well thats a form of trafficking. Even though everyone is from within 5 miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio