Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:21 PM

14 posts, read 284,388 times

Advertisements

sometimes i feel guilty for not leaving tips at sonic. but most of the people above are right.. .these kids only drop off the food. they don't wait on you at all. i like this post. i think it's funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 PM

504 posts, read 1,457,463 times
dont tip either one, its their job...they get paid $7+ either way

Old 07-31-2008, 12:04 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,730 times
As mentioned before, if you use the drive through at sonic, you shouldn't feel the need to tip.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 AM

14 posts, read 284,388 times
yes, but at most of the sonic drive thrus they still have to walk out to your car, just as much as if you ordered from the drive up and park spot. that's so funny.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:37 PM

56 posts, read 169,413 times
I am a good tipper at places where I am served. At Sonic, I do not have any options of going in and picking up my food, and/or a typicl drive-thru. Therefore, I don't feel the need to tip -- they bring the food to me, yes, but that's how it's set up and they make a regular wage.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:09 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,730 times
The place that gets me is Luby's. I am going through the line, picking out my meal, filling my first drink, taking my plate to the table and here comes someone asking if I need anything else... Sorry, I got my tarter sauce and ketchup for the Fried Fish. All they really are there for is to maybe top off your drink so I don't give them the satisfaction. I even have to get up to pay before we leave rather than in normal restaurants where you pay the waiter.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:42 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
The place that gets me is Luby's. I am going through the line, picking out my meal, filling my first drink, taking my plate to the table and here comes someone asking if I need anything else... Sorry, I got my tarter sauce and ketchup for the Fried Fish. All they really are there for is to maybe top off your drink so I don't give them the satisfaction. I even have to get up to pay before we leave rather than in normal restaurants where you pay the waiter.
I have never tipped at Luby's....for all the above reasons. If they encouraged tips, they might leave a tip jar at the register for the busing staff....but they don't. I like Luby's for comfort food, but they aren't the bargain dinners they used to be....another reason not to tip.

I never tip at Starbucks....again, overpriced products kill tips for me. I know it's not the staffs fault, but Starbucks is well known for good bennies and good working environment.

I also don't tip for any drive thru service not matter what. If I've got my car running and I'm waiting for them to bring me food, that's their tip going out the tail pipe.

Most other places....and even Sonic park and order, I tip a $1 for anything under $10 even if it's just a couple of cold drinks....but most dining out is 15% to 20%. Having kids that worked those thankless kinds of jobs, has made me a bleeding heart for wait staff. I figure it goes around some day....

Old 08-01-2008, 10:00 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamus View Post
yes, but at most of the sonic drive thrus they still have to walk out to your car, just as much as if you ordered from the drive up and park spot. that's so funny.
You could tip them half since they didn't make a trip out to take your order. But , I feel guilty either way. However , it's hard to justify what they do as being worthy of a tip. Just give them one of these If they give you one of these Give them 3 of these

Old 04-19-2010, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,115 times
Diffrent jobs at sonic get diffrent pay. And if your to cheap to leave a tip for them, then stay home and cook your own food. Just by leaving a tip of a $1 or so what change is left isn't going to break you. Plus makes the young kids working there feel a little better about what they are doing.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:35 PM

10 posts, read 52,498 times
I don't tip at Sonic because they don't make $2.13 an hour like servers do at actual sit-down restaurants. Sonic employees make just as much as employees at Burger King, McDonald's, Whataburger, etc. which is $7.25 (minimum wage). No one expects you to tip your McDonald's drive-thru guy so I don't know why you're expected to tip the guy who walks outside and hands you the bag of food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio