Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2021, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 776 times

Advertisements

In 1987 I was 26 years old and stationed at Randolph Air Force Base. I went to La Semana to see Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad play. I meet Mark before the show and got his autograph.Mark said it was going to be a really hot show. Before the show one of Mark's band members talked with me about how Mark and his wife Lesia had separated but while at 2 separate churches on a Sunday morning, Mark rededicated his life to Jesus and while Lesia was praying that they would get back together.

Halfway through the concert Mark began to share his Christian testimony lifting up Jesus. The tall skinny dude right in front of me began to shout let's throw these Jesus Freaks off the stage.He shouted out a nasty as can be joke about Jesus. I told him to stop we wanted to hear what the man has to say. He called the ladies next to me bad names and spit in my face. He then picked up a beer bottle and threw it onto the stage.On the right side of the stage a couple more beer bottles were thrown. The vast majority of the crowd respectfully supported Mark The guy in front of me picked up another bottle but I physically stopped him. He tried to choke me but it did not go well for him. He ended up with his face on the ground before walking away. I don't believe in unnecessary violence, but sometimes violent people need to be stopped. Jesus is Lord! and Mark and Lesia are still together after all these years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 12:21 PM

20 posts, read 10,950 times
Default mark farner

I saw Grand Funk Railroad when they visited San Antonio early 70's. Of course they were great. I also caught that show in 1987 at La Semana. It was a great concept and I saw many bands at semana. Too bad they don't do it anymore.

Old 12-14-2021, 02:20 PM

624 posts, read 905,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badback7127 View Post
I saw Grand Funk Railroad when they visited San Antonio early 70's. Of course they were great. I also caught that show in 1987 at La Semana. It was a great concept and I saw many bands at semana. Too bad they don't do it anymore.
I believe The San Antonio Jaycee's sponsored LeSemans, saw The Bangles there can't remember what year.

Old 12-15-2021, 10:04 AM

20 posts, read 10,950 times
I remember seeing Bo diddley there at semana too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: