Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:46 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfish View Post
My neighbors are trash too. I think they are section 8 tenenants becuz they asked me if I was too. They smoke and throw thier cigarettes in the front lawn and for some reason thir trash can is alwyas falling over. when that happens its takes about 2 or 3 days beofre they pick it up. I just dotn understand.
Where do you live? Are you in an apartment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,315,366 times
Have little appreciation for the boxes stacked on top of each other and less appreciation for all the trees being replaced with concrete to make way for more construction but what can you do besides move and that is not an option for me. Don't get me wrong... I love SA because it is my home but I hate to see so much nature destroyed to make way for so many buildings and subdivisions all out of greed. Sometimes I think that people are such jerks because they have gotten lost in the world of technology and have forgotten how to be humans... nature is part of us and when we separate ourselves from nature we lose part of who we are and what connects us. Just a thought... have to admit that I like the many conveniences but have this feeling that we would all be better off living a more simple lifestyle that involves more of Mother Nature. Mother Nature now cost around 25K an acre.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:38 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,043 times
It stinks when you live in a neighborhood with no HOA... in some ways.. when it comes to renter problems that is. I live in an old neighborhood near downtown. Someone took the early 1900's story & a-half house across the street from me and split it up into four rental units. I think it was originally a five or six bedroom house. Previously it was a nightmare... the owner rented the units all-bills-paid and no leases. People were in and out of there constantly but always seemed to know or be related to the previous ones so there was no point in getting happy when one 'problem' family got kicked out or moved because they'd be back anyway to hang out all the time.

The place is too small for all the cars and the owner always rented to huge families crammed into one tiny space, people who had no apparent source of income and hung out all day looking thuggish, drug dealers, people who let their kids play loudly outside at 1 am (or in the street!), and EVERY single tenant that came had a dog they'd tie outside in the hot sun with no water.

Finally there was a problem with the electrical (all circuits on one breaker or something) and CPS pulled the meter and shut the place down, basically. Now it's for sale and has been for a while, price has dropped drastically. I *think* I even saw the Montelago guy over there looking (the Flip that House guy from SA) but I am not sure.

I would be so happy if someone would buy it and return it to a single family home.. or at least a single family home with maybe ONE "mother in law" type efficiency rental only... but I doubt it. The investors coming buy all tell me they plan to keep it a rental. I had one telling me how they planned on doing credit checks and background checks for any renters to "keep it nice" but I had to laugh. People live over here because they have no money and most likely bad credit. You can't be that selective in this neighborhood.. it has a bad reputation (though hugely undeserved).

Anyway, I have been a renter all my life until last year but I do SEE the "rental problem" and wish there was something to be done. I wouldn't mind it being a single family home rental but having what amounts to a mini apartment complex across the street really blows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio