Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 01:42 PM

53 posts, read 164,498 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there were any Cubs fan in this city? Die hard Cubbie fan here so I figured I'd see if anyone else here was as well?

Let's hear it...
Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,836,023 times
Heck NO!!! I'm a Cardinal Fan---go red birds!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
Heck NO!!! I'm a Cardinal Fan---go red birds!!!
Well thanks for Jimmy! Getting Edmonds for $220K is a pretty good deal. Did you see that catch he made yesterday against the 'Stros? MAN...awesome! He chipped in with a single too.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:06 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Their are quite a few Chicago natives in San Antonio.

You be able to find some. But a majority are for the Rangers and Astros as to be expected.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:22 PM

348 posts, read 1,222,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonapr78 View Post
I was wondering if there were any Cubs fan in this city? Die hard Cubbie fan here so I figured I'd see if anyone else here was as well?

Let's hear it...
Jason
Cubbie Fan over here!!

Been to Wrigley Field. Amazed at how proud and loyal those fans are. You can tell they love the game.

On the other hand, ever been to a Rangers game?? You'd forget what you were there for if it weren't for the beer and peanut vendors. BORING! zzzz..

SInce you seem to appreciate the team, I used to work with Harry Carey's daughter. She shared many of her interesting stories with me about growing up with the cubs, so to speak. She's a very sweet and intelligent woman and fun to work with.

Anyhow, Luv my cubs.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexan View Post
Cubbie Fan over here!!

Been to Wrigley Field. Amazed at how proud and loyal those fans are. You can tell they love the game.

On the other hand, ever been to a Rangers game?? You'd forget what you were there for if it weren't for the beer and peanut vendors. BORING! zzzz..

SInce you seem to appreciate the team, I used to work with Harry Carey's daughter. She shared many of her interesting stories with me about growing up with the cubs, so to speak. She's a very sweet and intelligent woman and fun to work with.

Anyhow, Luv my cubs.

GoTexan -- SWEET! What a privilege...that's awesome! I make my annual pilgrimmage to Wrigley each and every year to catch a game or two. Last year I actually ended up with Floor Seats 1st row on the actual floor for the Bulls vs. Heat Game 1 at the United Center so I ended up only going to one game which of course the Cubs lost to the Cardinals Great start to the year though...I loved last night's game...kept flipping back between that and the Spurs game...Cubs won 7-2 and Spurs advanced...great night!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:51 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times
Native Chicagoan here and lifelong Cubbies fan... Yes, I like abuse.

Spent many weekends growing up in the city watching the great Ryan Sandburg, as well as singing with Harry Caray. Sure, the team might not have been the greatest thing since sliced-bread, but there was nothing quite like the Seventh Inning Stretch.

... and now I'm hankering for a Chicago-style dipped beef from Jerry's. MUST RESIST URGE TO CONSUME MASS CALORIES.

BN

Old 05-20-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Native Chicagoan here and lifelong Cubbies fan... Yes, I like abuse.

Spent many weekends growing up in the city watching the great Ryan Sandburg, as well as singing with Harry Caray. Sure, the team might not have been the greatest thing since sliced-bread, but there was nothing quite like the Seventh Inning Stretch.

... and now I'm hankering for a Chicago-style dipped beef from Jerry's. MUST RESIST URGE TO CONSUME MASS CALORIES.

BN
Ben -- Just had a graduation party for my sister's graduation from UT Health Science Center (RN) at my house last weekend and my dad had flown in Italian Beef from Portillos....mmm love that stuff as well as Gene & Jude's Hotdogs and of course...Geno's East Pizza & Giordano's!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:02 PM

545 posts, read 2,283,305 times
HOLY COW! Let's Play two! Hey Hey!

You'd better believe I'm a Cubs fan and it drives my wife crazy. She just doesn't get the constant pessimism that comes along with being a Cubs fan. It works it's way into everything...any time the Spurs are up, I keep waiting for them to screw it up. I'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I grew up in Central Illinois listening to the Cubs on the radio...Vince Lloyd, Lou Boudro, Harry Caray..."The Chicago Cubs are on the air!" and I have a deep hatred of the Cards...probably more so than people who grew up in Chicago. It is quite a rivalry downstate.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Please, keep Jim Frickin' Edmonds away from Houston. No more spectacular plays on Tal's Hill for the love of gawd.

P.S> Love Chicago Dawgs ...Chicago hotdogs, pizza....can't be beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio