Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:53 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,554,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster210 View Post
Is there anything I can do about a business that just opened on the corner of our residential street and who's patrons have basically taken over every bit of street parking we have. I understand it's a public street since we're an inner city ungated neighborhood but it's a bit unreal and ridiculous how completely they've overtaken. We've tried talking to the owners and they've basically shrugged us off saying there's nothing they can do.
Do we have any options at all?
It's a public street. It's not anyone's personal property.

You can potentially petition for no-parking signs, but do note that ANY parking restrictions are also likely to adversely affect residents. It's part of living in the urban core.

And yes, I live in the urban core and have strangers parked in front of my house all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 07:34 PM
wmi

1 posts, read 1,452 times
Do you know where in the code it says parking for over 24hrs is storage? I can't seem to find it.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:57 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,232,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmi View Post
Do you know where in the code it says parking for over 24hrs is storage? I can't seem to find it.
See Section 19-169 of the Municipal Code:
https://library.municode.com/tx/san_...19-169PACEPUPR

Old 07-10-2018, 06:36 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,479,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Being a former New Yorker and Russian, this entire freaking thread makes me facepalm SO hard.

Street parking is worth so much less here in San Antonio. Amazing.

And I really do think that anyone with a problem with having cars park in front of their house needs to suck it up. Our neighbor throws 2 huge parties a year, one for his birthday and one for Christmas, and his guests park in front of our house. OMG!! THE HORRA!! THE HORRA!!!!
Same here, I've lived in the San Francisco and Los Angeles areas and street parking is so scarce in most neighborhoods that people will park wherever they can find a spot. A lot of cities also require you to have a permit to park your car on the street overnight or longer than 2 hours on the street. I generally try not to park in front of someone else's house if I can help it but if that's the only spot available and I can legally park there, tough!

Old 06-29-2019, 06:39 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,047,081 times
...and it begins...
a couple with a young 20 something son with an old dirty azz 4x4 truck bought a house across the street in our nice quite cul-de-sac. They don't park in their 3 car garage and he parks his truck half-way in the street/half-way on the curb like he is putting it on display or something. There goes everyone's property value...smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio