Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 10:08 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,343,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
That's Nogalitos which, while not downtown, has been incorporated into Southtown as it's part of Collins Gardens.

I LOVE the size of SoFlo HEB. I wouldn't want it any bigger. It's perfect for our regular shopping. My spouse prefers CM tortillas and bread, so I mainly go there for that. My kids prefer SoFlo tortillas and bread ;-).
That is our situation on Brook Hollow. We have have the baby B @ 281 and Brook Hollow and then we use Bulverde @ 1604 of the “extra” if needed.

Not every grocery store needs to be 150,000 square feet.

DT will eventually need more options and it is getting close population wise. I’m was disappointed in Royal Blue as it is very limited but it makes its money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 10:11 AM

https://www.sacurrent.com/food-drink...tonio-29177748

Quote:
Two entrepreneurs from Austin plan to add to the growing bar district on North Alamo Street by renovating a cluster of buildings behind the Grunt Style headquarters into four bars with distinct personalities, including a performance venue.

Old 07-19-2022, 06:16 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,027,847 times
Default San Antonio DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
I sure hope leaders, both business and city, start prioritizing revitalization downtown. For a metro area of 2.6 million, it's pretty desolate. Even the Riverwalk isn't as lively or attractive as it should be. I don't know the whole answer to it, but downtown seems pretty sleepy in the early evening hours. During the week, it is fairly quiet all day. I was shocked once I moved down here from Austin how dead downtown is compared to Austin's CBD.

I will say, I see a lot of construction and see a lot of urban developments popping up between The Pearl and downtown. I hope more people continue to make downtown SA home. I also hope it's not just for wealthy residents and appeals to all classes. I would hate to see San Antonio become another Austin, where you have to be wealthy to live, even if it is just downtown.
For a lot of years you saw Stickers around the city stating "Keep San Antonio Lame." I guess that's the motto for the city.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
I sure hope leaders, both business and city, start prioritizing revitalization downtown. For a metro area of 2.6 million, it's pretty desolate. Even the Riverwalk isn't as lively or attractive as it should be. I don't know the whole answer to it, but downtown seems pretty sleepy in the early evening hours. During the week, it is fairly quiet all day. I was shocked once I moved down here from Austin how dead downtown is compared to Austin's CBD.

I will say, I see a lot of construction and see a lot of urban developments popping up between The Pearl and downtown. I hope more people continue to make downtown SA home. I also hope it's not just for wealthy residents and appeals to all classes. I would hate to see San Antonio become another Austin, where you have to be wealthy to live, even if it is just downtown.
Huh? They are/did hence your other post talking about all the people living in downtown.

Commerce Street, Houston Street, and the Riverwalk are always busy when I go down. (Especially October through May) The Riverwalk is great as a destination, but it does draw a ton of traffic that you would otherwise be seen walking the streets.

Old 07-26-2022, 04:30 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,000,266 times
If it wasn't for the riverwalk there would be a lot less people downtown in general though.

Old 07-26-2022, 04:42 PM

Former Continental Hotel will be turned into a 15-story apartment tower along San Pedro Creek

Old 02-15-2023, 12:24 PM

9 story building coming to The Pearl area.

Old 02-15-2023, 12:27 PM

Harris Bay planning 1,000-unit, mixed-use development in San Antonio's fast-growing Tobin Hill

https://www.sacurrent.com/news/harri...-hill-30268607

Old 02-15-2023, 04:53 PM

1,032 posts, read 874,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post

9 story building coming to The Pearl area.

I'm pro-Pearl, but damn they keep building ugly or cheap looking things around it.

Old 02-16-2023, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
I'm pro-Pearl, but damn they keep building ugly or cheap looking things around it.
I think you may be in the minority on that one. This building will have to be built for me to see because it does look like a prison almost. The Cellars, Credit Human, Emma, and Jefferson State Bank buildings are all pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio