Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 06:31 AM

734 posts, read 3,015,619 times

Advertisements

Organic Animal Crackers! They are yummy! They also have oatmeal, fruit snacks, peanut butter, breads, etc. They also have a detergent called Wintree that is supposed to be ecofriendly. I agree that Costco is great for "green" products.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 09:28 AM

140 posts, read 508,752 times
if i could afford it i would do all my shopping at Costco, I buy things here and there like TP, paper towles, and jiuce boxes and milk on a regular basis, along with some liquor and beer! The Seafood Roadshow is great and the littleneck clams that they have are to die for! Good deals, great prices and alot of organics. And NO ONE can beat the steak!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:56 AM

13 posts, read 47,892 times
I've bought a lot of electronic items at Costco. They really stand behind what they sell. They have a concierge service that's excellent. When Time Warner couldn't find the correct code to make our t.v. work with their system, Costco concierge tracked the info down for us in a matter of minutes. (Why couldn't Time-Warner.... hmmmm )

Old 05-30-2008, 12:05 PM

337 posts, read 1,431,629 times
We are bigtime Costco at our house as well. We have the Executive membership and always get enough back from the 2% rebate to pay for our membership again the next year. We've also purchased our major appliances from there...washer/dryer, fridge, iron....not to mention two sets of mattresses. Also electronics...we bought a laptop computer, at least 3 Ipods, and most recently a 32" flat screen TV. I must agree with everyone else about the meat/seafood....AWESOME! Can't be beat! As for the groceries...I just buy the cases of veggies and store them until needed OR sometimes I drag my neighbor along and while we shop together, we decide on cases of corn, beans, etc that we can split. It works out great. And yes...the lines are sometimes long at the gas pumps, but we've figured out that it's mostly because everyone wants to stay in the line that lets them pump into the side of the car that their gas cap is on! We just go directly to the shortest line....that line from the gas pump more than stretches enough around our RAV4 for us to pump from either side of our vehicle! Yep, we've been bitten.....Costco for life now!

Last edited by RecovringKrspyKremeAddict; 05-30-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: added content

Old 05-30-2008, 12:07 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,694 times
We just got our Costo coupons in the mail yesterday. I wish they had a little more selection, there were just a couple of "food items" listed.

We did buy their lobster pasta and the spinach pasta last time we were there-I thought it was really good but the rest of the family wouldn't touch it. Too picky!

I have a feeling when my kids get a little bigger, we will have to buy stuff in bulk, I have heard they will become little eating machines.

Last edited by luckygreeniii; 05-30-2008 at 12:21 PM..

Old 11-05-2010, 05:24 PM

7 posts, read 15,794 times
For me, Costco isn't that great of a deal for food. My husband works at HEB, so we get a discount on all HEB brand products, which are often as good as or better than national brands.

If I buy food there, it's usually because Costco has some stuff that HEB doesn't, food-wise, but it's always changing, so you can't count on a product you like always being available. I like their meat and cookies, and their basmati rice is the cheapest anywhere, even the Asian markets. I mostly buy the chocolate chip cookies, some fruit, some meat, rice, and maybe some olive oil.

I look there when I want things like electronics, cleaning supplies, storage containers, kitchen wraps, office supplies, bed and bath goodies, grooming supplies, OTC meds, replacement cookware, casual clothes, books/CDs/movies, or assorted munchie foods for those times I have guests. Costco has the best deals anywhere on those, prices you just can't beat. My husband gets all of his jeans and underwear there now. I can't remember buying socks anywhere else, and I'm shocked when I see how much department stores charge for those now!

I also use their gas station a lot, since I live just around the corner from a Costco.

But it's not the store to go to when you want to feed your family, unless you have a really big family. Or a teenage boy, like we did until he finally got married and stopped eating us out of house and home. I really needed a Costco membership then! Now that it's just my husband and me, we buy enough of the electronics and office supplies and etc to justify having the executive membership.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:12 PM

246 posts, read 433,479 times
Meat at Costco is way better than HEB.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 PM

923 posts, read 1,502,269 times
Costco's Chicken Salad, that they make from their rotisserie chicken, is AWESOME. It's in the back of the store near the produce and meat sections. Eating CostCo chicken salad on Club crackers is one of my vices.

Btw, now that we're in the month of November, I should mention that Costco's pumpkin pies are outstanding.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:10 AM

246 posts, read 433,479 times
Always meant to try the chicken salad.
I buy the rotisserie chickens quite often. They are cheaper and bigger than HEB's but usually I do my own. Buy the double pack, take out the backbone, rub em and put them on the gas grill for an hour or so.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,741,778 times
Don't laugh, I have a silly question. I am still considering a Costco membership and I am wondering if they carry Angel Soft toilet paper? And if not, does anyone have personal experience with something that is similar that they do sell?

My nutso family doesn't want any other TP, even more expensive ones are a "no". We buy it at HEB for usually around $6 for 24 rolls.

So, anyone? I really would like to do a price comparison with HEB before I go for the membership, especially on more basic foods like cheese, butter, frozen chicken and fish, etc. Oh and TP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio