Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
hi --- we have plantation shutters in the entire house, even over our sliding glass door --- we used Sunburst Shutters, my dh worked for them at the time --- i LOVE LOVE LOVE our shutters --- they really block out the light and if we have them all closed at 3pm we need lamps in the house to read --- they insulate very well and we did notice a drop in our electricity bill when we got them --- the house was much, much cooler once they were installed ---

the thing that does stink is that because they insulate so well --- during winter, when we have our heater on, the windows get really cold but because the cold does not come thru the shutters we get alot of condensation on the inside of the windows --- not between the panes, but on the windows themselves --- so i have to routinely go around with a towel and wipe down windows, so we don't get mold on the window sill ---

not one person has walked into our home and not complemented the shutters --- so for us they were a great investment --- they are made out of polywood --- they do not warp, split, peel, etc...we got the white shutters with the outside mount molding --- since dh worked for the company at the time we were able to do the entire house for $2000 --- normally it would have cost $5000 --- we are building a new home and already have our shutter fund set up as we will be doing the entire house again at the new place ---

if you want to see pics just let me know --- as for the dog --- our big dog likes to go and look out the back door --- she just gets a paw and opens the louvers herself, so that was not a problem for her --- our small dog, not so smart, so he just waits for the big one to open up the shutter and he shares the sun ---

again, if you want to see pics i have a link i could dm you --- just lemme know!!!
I know you posted in 2008, but want to know how you are still loving your shutters?? Who installed them for you? I only want to do 4 windows and the price is SO HUGE. Trying to justify my purchase!! TIA!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 09:02 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,486,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbrackett View Post
I know you posted in 2008, but want to know how you are still loving your shutters?? Who installed them for you? I only want to do 4 windows and the price is SO HUGE. Trying to justify my purchase!! TIA!!
Still loving our shutters... Would not change them at all.. We used Sunburst Shutters but my husband installed them as he used to be the installer at Sunburst before he went into police work...

Old 05-07-2017, 07:54 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
There are no cons to plantation shutters.

They look great, add visual appeal come resale time, and block more light and heat than blinds or draperies.

When I owned a house, nothing gave me a stronger feeling of money well spent than plantation shutters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio